Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Lumberjack Bonanza posted:

I also use Kirby.

I'm surprised someone else remembered how powerful Wii-fit trainer can be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Minor tangent but is Fate/Stay worth playing? It's always recommended as far as visual novels go and I knew a guy who was really into the series and he gave me the files. But whenever he talked about it, it felt really impenetrable. Also something about 50+ dead ends, not sure about that one.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Mors Rattus posted:

How much patience do you have for incomprehensible technobabble?
I enjoyed the stuff in 999 and I'm enjoying VLR for as much as I've played.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

DoubleDonut posted:

It's extremely long and a significant portion of that length is the main characters talking about food

There's a lot of bad/dead ends but that's half the fun. It's not like it's an actual game; if you get a bad end just go to the last choice you made and pick the other one. Personally I used a guide to specifically make sure I got all of the bad ends.

I like it a lot but it can definitely be pretty impenetrable, especially with the shoehorned in sex scenes. I also think that the first route (out of three) is by far the worst one, which is a problem.

Something to keep in mind then.

DoubleDonut posted:

Check out Ever17, Remember 11, and whichever of those other games got translated if you like 999 and VLR. If I remember right, the main dude behind the Zero Escape games was one of the main writers/directors/whatever of Ever17 (and the other games in that series) and they have a lot of similarities, especially if you like the weird science discussions.

I do like Uchikoshi's penchant for taking obscure science topics and making them make sense. (also referencing Kurt Vonegutt a fair amount). I've heard of Ever17 and how it relates to the design of 999 and it's on my list as well.

Davincie posted:

play steins gate
I actually have this just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Did I miss something or did Lum just become incredibly popular recently?

z0glin Warchief posted:

:eyepop:

I'm pretty sure I don't have the stamina/focus/dedication/lifespan to work on something that long.

Wow, that's more than I thought was untranslated...

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
Manaka's friends continue to be a treat.

Twiddy posted:

It's worth noting that if they're following Magic style rules, the name of the card is its identity. All cards with the same name are treated as the same card in official rules. That said, the text of a card can change due to a reprint and difference in how text is worded or because of errata. In tournaments, you'll frequently find people using older versions of the same card that has slightly different wording than the most recent copy.

All that said, this is probably just a slight retcon or error.

That would be some insane attention to detail if it were intentional.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

This is comedy gold right here.

This sounds like an interesting mechanic. Any card games that actually do this form of resource management?

Erg posted:

Roman is the new best character
I enjoyed her a lot.

Thanks Zolgin. Any chance for a DL link?

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 9, 2016

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

that exists in magic

That's weird because I've never seen that before. Just drawing land like usual. Granted I tend to just borrow decks to play Magic so I don't really browse the catalog. Minor tangent but recently I've been looking at Force of Will which has a more controlled resource generation mechanic you basically get one resource card per turn with a max of 10 I think.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Sono really is the best drinking girl.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Glagha posted:

It's really only Japanese players that do it regularly though.

It happens in NOrth America at majors because of the size of the crowds. Locals not so much but it depends on your venue.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Dick Spacious CPA posted:

zoglin, when is the taco chapter of drinking girls??????

Between "loving an otaku" and "Drinking Girls"I am starting to develop an attraction to athletic women with sharp eyes and short, black hair. Send help.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

I'll go to whomever's wedding, as long as I get to go with Sono.

So you roll out the red carpet to the club and then yank it out from under people?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

I'm ... not sure how I should respond to that because it's kinda outta left field and is confusing me slightly.

Carry on, forums poster.
see

I will send help in the form of a welcoming committee.

Welcome, brother.
with regards to

Brought To You By posted:

Between "loving an otaku" and "Drinking Girls"I am starting to develop an attraction to athletic women with sharp eyes and short, black hair. Send help.
which featured a certain dark haired beauty you wished to lay claim too.

Granted I don't really care for the whole waifu thing so it was just a poorly received joke I guess. :shrug:

------------------

Anyways Thanks Z0lgin for the chapter. I notice that Kaoru Mori supplied the image for Comic Zin. Has she published any works through them?

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

z0glin Warchief posted:

Anyway this chapter hasn't been QCd very thoroughly, but I need to go run errands so here it is.
Thank you again for the chapter. The PVs were interesting to listen to.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Droyer posted:

Don't read comments

I did and regretted it.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012
At least Teppu has some closure to it. I'm still hoping that some magazine will pick up Chimoguri since it's original one went out of print. No ending, no closure, and that fishbowl-headed bastard is still at large.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Davincie posted:

uhh that got picked up ages ago

Do you know by which magazine?

edit: nevermind it got rebranded as Shin Chimoguri Ringo to Kingyobachi Otoko and I have it now. Good times are ahead.

Brought To You By fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Oct 7, 2016

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Zweihander01 posted:

I gotta say that "taxi" service is something that sounds great. I'd definitely go too hard if I knew I could get a taxi home and also not have to come get my car the next day.

Would have freed me up in college since I was usually the DD.

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

KoB posted:

Love is Hard for Otaku! is getting an anime adaption.

And once again I am back to wondering if the adaptation will be as good as the original.

Sakurazuka posted:

Rip Zoglin
So is there any word on what happened? He just dropped off the face of the earth from my perspective.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Julias posted:

Controversial opinion, but maybe this thread should be unstickied. :(
Without a light, a lost vessel can't return to port.

• Locked thread