Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
am I going to be able to appreciate Wizard's Soul if I know nothing about...well, any card game, but MTG in particular

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
okay yeah I read all of it up to now

oh my god this is so good

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
"if you don't know what tsundere is, get out"

truly the most wonderful tn note

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
i like the core of the story that is following a nice person having to be a relentless jerk because of circumstances. she hates it, everyone hates it, except her boyfriend who is now fantasizing about her brutally stepping on his face, but she has to do it because her dad is thousands of dollars in debt

plus I like the moments where she plays some sort of useless scrub tier common card to seize victory, like it's neat that iirc she hasn't played so much as a modestly heavy monster card

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Lemon Curdistan posted:

No, she's playing assholish decks that are designed to win by making GBS threads all over her opponent's ability to do anything (which is not in any way fun to be on the receiving end of), and on top of that she's just stone-faced and looks miserable throughout the entire game. She's definitely not exhibiting the pinnacle of good sportsmanship, and just because real-life M:tG tournaments are assholishly competitive doesn't mean her behaviour is totally okay.

Also, janky doesn't really mean "bad," it just means "only works in an incredibly narrow set of situations." :v:

Plus again this is a world where this card game is like, the basis for society so presumably there's some sort of untold honor and morality about it, since it's not just the hyper-competitive who get into it, but instead basically every normal person around. After all what's-his-face was literally going to university for this game - it's clearly something people put a ton of their lives and futures into.

Manaka's doing the equivalent of those companies that buy up other companies, suck all the blood they can out of it, then leave it to die. Not really illegal, and a genuine strategy to acquire greater wealth, but basically everyone is going to tell you that the kind of people who'd do those kinds of things are giant heartless scumbags.

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
you're going to love the next opponent in wizard's soul then

i fear for the flood of cat puns to come

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

AlternateNu posted:

Uhhhh...didn't she beat her off camera on the last page?

oh

huh

she certainly did

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
yyeeeeesh yeah if i lived in japan i'd just...buy free weights and just run around the block a lot, that's really expensive for a gym that's not guaranteed to have anything more than treadmills or cycles

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse
it is clear what you must do

you must become beer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gyra_Solune
Apr 24, 2014

Kyun kyun
Kyun kyun
Watashi no kare wa louse

AlternateNu posted:

According to One-Punch Man, you don't even need the free weights.

• Locked thread