Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

chumbler posted:

I tried scotch once (Johnny Walker black label) but wasn't big on it. Might have to give it another shot someday.

A small splash of water actually gives a scotch a very different experience.

I would never have believed this until I toured one of the distilleries in Scotland and tried the same scotch with and without a splash.

The problem, though, is getting the right amount of water. Too little and it doesn't make much difference. Too much, and it tastes like rear end.

Of course, you can solve the too much water problem by just adding more scotch. :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

Lemon Curdistan posted:

I was always taught that ideally you should always add a splash of the same spring water used by the distillery to your scotch, but it's of course impossible to do unless you live down the road from the distillery, so you usually have to settle for a splash of mineral water instead.

Yeah, I stand amazed that no smart marketer has realized that he could bottle the water that the distillery uses and sell it for almost the same price as the scotch.

buzmeg
Jul 8, 2004
The Megg of Buzz

chumbler posted:

Red/green with big stompy critters is the only honorable way to play MtG.

Goblins are also acceptable.

Whiners gonna whine.

They labeled Steinitz as cowardly for playing positional chess.

• Locked thread