Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Krakatoah
Jul 8, 2009

Super High-School Level Bean-dog
I was expecting a private server from some random pubbie, instead this is an actual thing the devs made? :stonk:

At least fishing will be much more exciting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khako
Dec 24, 2008

Lee #61
This is a very bad game yet for nostalgia reasons I started botting a char up. Having a pure melee dude with 70 agility is hilarious. Protect Item on my adamantite 2h I managed to score with a training sword, then 1 shotting people in the medium threat zone. I should start hunting quest areas but I have no idea where they are because I haven't played since the ugly yellow font.

Don't get sucked in like I have, play games that are actually good like Wildstar :downsgun:

Khako fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Sep 18, 2015

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

SleepingPizza posted:

DarkScape is a very serious PvP economic MMO

There we go
Can those be used as actual weapons?

I duno if the servers were poo poo last night but I could barely play

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Are we taking suggestions for a clan name?

Ye Olde Goone Squad?

Elijah.
Feb 11, 2007

all of your troubles are dead and gone~
Trying this out. I haven't played Runescape in a million years.

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Did they reset names from Runescape too or do I have to be akrrweurihy32875582hr2iu?

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades
In the Star Citizen D&D thread

Kevlar Beard posted:

Are we taking suggestions for a clan name?

Ye Olde Goone Squad?

Sheep Groomers

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

thatguy posted:

Did they reset names from Runescape too or do I have to be akrrweurihy32875582hr2iu?

Nope, that's one of my biggest complaints. This ruleset is niche as gently caress. No reason to have names transfer from casualscape

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

We need one more person online to make a clan.

I don't think we have a name yet, but we could probably just come up with one if we have the people online.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Personally I'm waiting for the whole server/client issues thing to be resolved, probably by Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Personally I'm waiting for the whole server/client issues thing to be resolved, probably by Tuesday or the following Tuesday.

Wait, what?

There's a client issue?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Kevlar Beard posted:

Wait, what?

There's a client issue?

Crashes a lot. Was really bad day one, now it barely happens to me

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

Goonscape is up. Anyone can join the clan chat

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Fly Like Nimbus posted:

Awohto, Hawt Jon, and King Pizza can all invite so bug them if you need one.

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Fly Like Nimbus posted:

What world/server are we on?

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

World 205 has the best ping for those in the US but I don't think it should matter which one you're on

Bait and Swatch
Sep 5, 2012

Join me, Comrades

Fly Like Nimbus posted:

World 205 has the best ping for those in the US but I don't think it should matter which one you're on

Cool, that's the one I chose. I'll just run around and killnthings while I figure this game out.

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

Get into the clan chat. You'll at least have something to read while you're grinding and though it seems a lot of us are returning players from a while ago, there are some who definitely know what's up in RS and can answer your questions

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Fly Like Nimbus posted:

I've found I get weird stutters on world 205 sometimes.

Like maybe the server can't handle all of the people on it or something?

Kevlar Beard
Feb 20, 2010

Sorry, double post.

Goonscape clan chat allows guests so maybe we should start using that instead of Peg Leg's chat. Can we update the OP?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Kevlar Beard posted:

Sorry, double post.

Goonscape clan chat allows guests so maybe we should start using that instead of Peg Leg's chat. Can we update the OP?

yeah goonscape clan is new home of chat

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Server and client issues have subsided for me now, I'm going deep into this. Will update the thread with GoonScape info. Did you guys ever settle on a Mumble?

Also, I need an invite
DeLargeAlex

Alexander DeLarge fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 20, 2015

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!
Yo add me to the clan, I'm Badplayer0

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
ur sitting at high threat bank when this guy comes up and slaps your inventories rear end

what do u do?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
"get a life loser"

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

thatguy posted:

"get a life loser"

1v1 in me the wild

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

SleepingPizza posted:

1v1 in me the wild

but wild is redundant in this :^)

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
So maybe I'm just crazy but now that you can easily die during cutscenes and quests and stuff shouldn't there be a ton of new glitches and bugs?

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009
Ask me about fixed-gear bikes (aka "fixies")
in as thegoatsea, someone invite me to clan

Psychedelicatessen
Feb 17, 2012

thatguy posted:

So maybe I'm just crazy but now that you can easily die during cutscenes and quests and stuff shouldn't there be a ton of new glitches and bugs?

Most quests uses instanced areas for cutscenes, but I know that the Shilo Village quest uses an old in-game cutscene for escaping the waterfall dungeon.

Cutscenes isn't a problem and most newer quests takes place in instanced areas. However, a ton of 04-08 quests still takes place in un-instanced areas which could cause permanent dungeon lock outs.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013
Updated thread with Goonscape info.

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

In as jiggery poke.

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014

Barrows time!

Melee is really bad though. Got some runes on my first run, nothing cool... I'll really need 60 mage if I wanna serious barrows!

EDIT:

The note-on-person function is very useful

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Sep 22, 2015

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

...But I could hardly wait six months with a red hot jape like that under me belt.

I tried to buy a sword from the grand exchange earlier and got dunked for all my coinage before I could complete the purchase. This is far more fun than it has any right to be.

Alexander DeLarge
Dec 20, 2013

jiggerypokery posted:

I tried to buy a sword from the grand exchange earlier and got dunked for all my coinage before I could complete the purchase. This is far more fun than it has any right to be.

Why in the gently caress isn't the GE the most protected area of the city? Honestly it's probably the least.

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

jiggerypokery posted:

This is exactly how I got an addy sword. Isn't it grand?

SleepingPizza
Aug 21, 2014
eugh playing drunk made me lose my loving obby maul kinda unhappy right now. Peeps are getting to my levels too and PKing me at the GE lost 16k to that... I'm not lnoger like 20 lvls above everyone cus I'm not playing as much gently caress

EDIT:

If we're gonna tackle darkscape as a clan/team/whatever it'd be a good idea to funnel resources in to one person so they can make a house with a gilded altar

Gilded altar is, of course, the best prayer XP. I don't think I need to explain to you guys how OP prayer is. We could even rent it out to pubbies wanting to use it and distribute the money to the clan (someones already doing this)

SleepingPizza fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Sep 23, 2015

jiggerypokery
Feb 1, 2012

Does anyone know how to get a crapload of food without fishing or anything too tedious?

Fly Like Nimbus
Jun 17, 2015

Maybe cakes from the bakery stall. Completely tedious like 90% of this game though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SeaGoatSupreme
Dec 26, 2009

jiggerypokery posted:

Does anyone know how to get a crapload of food without fishing or anything too tedious?

it shouldn't be too difficult to fish up a hundred lobsters in catherby.

• Locked thread