Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dogfish
Nov 4, 2009

nefarious napkin posted:

Cell phone could come down if I kill data. Cell phone plans in Canada are kind of lovely, plus my family is very far away so I have a long distance plan. One thing I was considering is getting a work phone. I would still need my phone, but I could cut the plan way back if I wasn't using it for data, and instead used my work phone for that. I was previously resisting because who wants to be reachable 24/7 with work.

Why not switch carriers? I'm with Koodo for my cell phone and pay ~$60 for unlimited minutes and 1 GB/month data. That's an expensive plan because I also use my phone for work; my spouse pays ~$40 for I think 500 minutes and 500 MB of data. All Koodo plans have free long distance and unlimited texting, including international texting. The smaller carriers like Koodo and Wind are generally pretty good and much, much cheaper than Rogers or Bell (and also don't have horrible customer service like Rogers does). I'm guessing from that fact that you refer to your power bill as "hydro" that you're in Ontario so you should have lots of options.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread