Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
n8r
Jul 3, 2003

I helped Lowtax become a cyborg and all I got was this lousy avatar
Instead of trying to figure out how much you will spend in each category of your life, you should consider setting aside a set amount of money that goes into paying debt every month, and live off the left over amount. Treat your debt like a bill that you cannot afford to miss, and pay it at the first of the month. This will automatically force you to make spending choices throughout the rest of the month.

If you ballpark your set expenses at $1500 and you want to pay $1000/month down on your CC debt, you've got $600 left over. Take out that $600 in cash, divide it up into a few envelopes if you think that will help, and live the rest of your life on that $600. If living on that $600 sucks, figure out how to make some cuts to that set expenses side of things. The $1000 doesn't change, there you go, now you're living on a budget.

I can guarantee that if you wan to quit smoking, you will need to quit drinking at least for a span of time. If you drink and smoke, there is no better combination on the planet, and I can guarantee you will want to smoke if you drink. Best of luck on that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

Well outline your planned spending on the money you will have left over - that can be your budget. Then track said spending. I'd encourage cash envelopes as that works well for many people. The other thing to look into would be reducing your cell phone bill, of your fixed costs, that seems like the one that is a bit high.

n8r
Jul 3, 2003

You mention YNAB, post your budget. Also stop missing CC payments.

• Locked thread