Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dwight Eisenhower
Jan 24, 2006

Indeed, I think that people want peace so much that one of these days governments had better get out of the way and let them have it.

nefarious napkin posted:

Pay day!! This is for the first half of the month.

Paid a bunch of things this morning:
- $500 to my Visa
- $615 to rent
- $90 to cell

Remainder budgeted out (in YNAB)
- $100 to groceries
- $40 to gas
- $100 to entertainment
- $15 to bank fees

$65 left over. I'm going to hold off on budgeting it or putting it toward the CCs because I might buy vape juice to help with quitting.

Debt Status
- Visa: $7600 owed (it was $9000 right before I started this thread! Not bad!)
- MasterCard and Loan remain the same, as they are paid on the 15th.

The change in lifestyle is hard mainly because I keep thinking "I have another year of this" but then I remind myself it's not going to be this hard for the whole year. I'm in an adjustment period and soon spending this little will just feel normal. I hope :)

I just realized I was excited for pay day so I could put money on my CC, not so I could spend a bunch of money. Progress!

OP you are doing great and your attitude is great and you're already using YNAB and that is great.

GREAT JOB!

You've got a mature grown up plan for tackling your problem and now it's just going to take the time to make it happen. Keep focusing on the goal and develop habits and tools that help you understand your progress toward that goal. I find YNAB's networth report is really helpful for perceiving extra payments on debts as real progress.

As other posters have said focus on sustainable behavior and changes that you can handle over the long haul.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread