Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paused
Oct 24, 2010
I mean it has been said in various ways, hundreds of time in the thread.... but a testing program for a game released in 2014. Jesus.

Dedication or Desperation? Or just Dependent on Bungie Halo for the IP?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Artum
Feb 13, 2012

DUN da dun dun da DUUUN
Soiled Meat
The hope would be them fixing poo poo to put mcc on pc, so i can get rid of my xbone.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

MCC or Halo 5 on PC would be great because I don't want my Xbox anymore. I'd be happy so long as they separated controller folk from M/KB folk.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Now I smell like lemonade!

jokes posted:

MCC or Halo 5 on PC would be great because I don't want my Xbox anymore. I'd be happy so long as they separated controller folk from M/KB folk.

Or just give people the option to prefer controller only opponents.

Or let people on Xbone use kb/m if they're competitive enough they care.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

my hapless friend got an xbone for £30 and we were all bored one time and went to go get some second hand games for cheap with local coop.

I was like "oh nice, new halo, Halo 4 was turds from a butt but maybe this one will be good enough to coop to the end"

then I spent a good 2 minutes looking in angry wonder at the "online coop only" stuff on the back and put it back on the shelf in disgust

thats my halo 5 story thank you for reading

p.s. in the end we picked up the latest Gears and it was so bad it made me wonder if the whole series has always been that bad and I was just younger?

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Halo HWC this weekend, looks like MLG set up a sweet venue.

Maneki Neko
Oct 27, 2000

Just in case people want to stack up on REQ packs for our big dumb dead halo game during HWC:

https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/...5/posts?page=22

Maneki Neko fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Apr 14, 2018

Kaal
May 22, 2002

through thousands of posts in D&D over a decade, I now believe I know what I'm talking about. if I post forcefully and confidently, I can convince others that is true. no one sees through my facade.

nopantsjack posted:

my hapless friend got an xbone for £30 and we were all bored one time and went to go get some second hand games for cheap with local coop.

I was like "oh nice, new halo, Halo 4 was turds from a butt but maybe this one will be good enough to coop to the end"

then I spent a good 2 minutes looking in angry wonder at the "online coop only" stuff on the back and put it back on the shelf in disgust

The lack of local coop in console games just seems like such a fundamental misreading of what customers want by game makers. Local coop and convenience are the two signature elements of console gaming. Doing away with one just so the graphics are better is insane, because graphics are always going to be a core strength for PC gaming.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard
Apr 5, 2012

My incredible goodposting transcends time and space but still it cannot transform the xbone into a good console.
Lipstick Apathy
People seem to want those graphics, though. They're quite noisy about them. Good luck shutting them up!

I'd like to see a group of adult friends who can just laze about on the couch playing video games like when they were kids, too.

\/\/\/ Yeah, something like this.

CAPT. Rainbowbeard fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Apr 16, 2018

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Playing Xbox Counterstrike in 2002 - What?! Matt would have to buy his own Xbox, headset, game, and go over to his house to "play with" me??

Playing any actual split screen game in 2018 - this is actually horrible and my fond memories are from a 480i cabinet TV. Go to the gently caress to your house and we'll game after I put the kids to bed maybe unless it's monthly married sex night

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Playing Xbox Counterstrike in 2002 - What?! Matt would have to buy his own Xbox, headset, game, and go over to his house to "play with" me??

Playing any actual split screen game in 2018 - this is actually horrible and my fond memories are from a 480i cabinet TV. Go to the gently caress to your house and we'll game after I put the kids to bed maybe unless it's monthly married sex night

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Forget split-screen, remember the days when you could depend on a controller not disconnecting during a $1,000,000 tournament?

Halo Pro's Controller Disconnects During World Championship Match

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedHomelySrirachaPupper

Texibus
May 18, 2008

Doggles posted:

Forget split-screen, remember the days when you could depend on a controller not disconnecting during a $1,000,000 tournament?

Halo Pro's Controller Disconnects During World Championship Match

https://clips.twitch.tv/AnimatedHomelySrirachaPupper

I think he yanked out the micro usb.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Does Halo 5 have a co-op horde mode or did I imagine that? I remember Halo Reach having one and enjoying that quite a bit.

Ineffiable
Feb 16, 2008

Some say that his politics are terrifying, and that he once punched a horse to the ground...

It's called war zone this time.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
No splitscreen like reach so it's not as fun :(

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ineffiable posted:

It's called war zone this time.

Ooh god, this mode is actually really god drat hard and chaotic.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass

I said come in! posted:

Ooh god, this mode is actually really god drat hard and chaotic.

Protip-If you get matched with a bunch of champion level or dudes with Achilles armor just leave the match lol

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Apparently there's a Halo inspired Arcade game:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flGRWr1nrqo

Looks very cash grabby, but that's what halo is these days

Also there's a throwback playlist with Halo CE pistols and my map is in it again. So that's kinda cool

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Halo Infinite

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmdb-KmlzD8

Potentially open world? Or perhaps relates to halo wars.

Guess not

quote:

The team also heard feedback loud and clear on the amount of time spent playing as the Master Chief in Halo 5. In Halo Infinite, the game will focus on the Master Chief and continue his saga after the events of Halo 5.

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 02:08 on Jun 11, 2018

Funkmaster General
Sep 13, 2008

Hey, man, I distinctly remember this being an episode of Spongebob. :colbert:

My guess was that it has an increased focus on player-generated content. Forge has expanded Halo games' lifetime by a huge amount, I could see them doubling down on it. Infinite, as in infinite content (because you're the one making it). Not that the trailer conveyed that in any way, mind you.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Not gonna lie the “finish the fight” music cue got me a little hyped.

General Battuta
Feb 7, 2011

This is how you communicate with a fellow intelligence: you hurt it, you keep on hurting it, until you can distinguish the posts from the screams.
Nerds decoded the morse code, apparently it's set on Halo installation 07 which was used as a lab for mass weapons testing/Flood experiments/war crimes on prehistoric humans. Hope we get some insanely hosed up poo poo but certain we won't :unsmigghh:

e: The renewed focus on being extremely pretty and exploring scenic environments is great, though, that was the best part of Halo 1.

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013

MickRaider posted:

Halo Infinite

Guess not

Playing as a different character was cool it was the loving lovely not covenant enemies that sucked rear end

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I hope they heard the part about putting it on pc and also being less like Halo 5.

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

THey said all future Microsoft games would be both PC and Xbox, so it should (hopefully) be nice to see Halo on PC officially.

The real question is whether or not I'm killing covenant or some other assholes, because throughout the Halo series, fighting any non-covenant enemies has been awful. Flood slightly less awful than the Prometheus-whatevers.

Comrade Fakename
Feb 13, 2012

MickRaider posted:

Halo Infinite

Guess not

Not sure why you think that the fact you play as Master Chief means it’s not open world.

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Comrade Fakename posted:

Not sure why you think that the fact you play as Master Chief means it’s not open world.

That's true. I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like a destiny version of halo story telling.

First watch the graphics looked more cartoony and felt to not really fit within the Halo 1-5 saga, but rewatching it again I can see it's definitely within the same realm. Likely another linear story.

RBA Starblade posted:

I hope they heard the part about putting it on pc and also being less like Halo 5.

halo 5 actually has a pretty phenomenal multiplayer. Just the campaign was poo poo

e: oh yeah and warzone is weird and BTB is all community maps, but those aside it's good

MickRaider fucked around with this message at 00:25 on Jun 12, 2018

MickRaider
Aug 27, 2004

Showtime is making a halo TV series.

https://www.theverge.com/2018/6/28/17514578/halo-tv-series-showtime-microsoft-xbox

Wish it was HBO but has a lot of potential. I hope it follows blue team but we'll see.

Kithyen
Oct 18, 2002
I DON'T KNOW THE BBCODE FOR BIG RED TITLES SO I CAN'T FIX THIS FUCK

Totally good dealz at my local Walmart.

In all seriousness I got a sense of Nostalgia when I saw this :love:

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Kithyen posted:

Totally good dealz at my local Walmart.

In all seriousness I got a sense of Nostalgia when I saw this :love:

That collectors edition was pretty great tbf.

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Really ready for this MCC update, hoping CE multiplayer is fixed, and I can finally enjoy my nearly 20 year old game over the internet. Anyone in one of the MCC insider flights and got to test a new build that incorporates CE? Would be interested in impressions.

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
When is the 4k update out I've been playing MCC off and on but I want to wait for the big update before playing through all the campaigns again.

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
when will i be able to play Halo reach on my pc

Texibus
May 18, 2008
big update for MCC, heard ok things so far, will try this weekend myself

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Gonna need an update on that is mcc broken twitter account

Texibus
May 18, 2008
Haha, they updated that, saw that on Wednesday.

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
Hey ya'll, I don't post here on these forums anymore, but I still play lots of Halo (especially MCC). I mostly post on /r/halo and Halo Discords now (since Something Awful is slowly dying) if I want to talk about Halo and post updates. But shoot me a message on XBL if you want to play!

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

BrownieVK
Nov 10, 2009

Eat my ass
I'll have to hop on with you at some point. I always see you on but I'm busy playing monster Hunter or something dumb lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Napolean Bonerfarts
Dec 11, 2003

by Pragmatica
I'm in several Discord channels, but I am really only involved in 2 or 3

Here is one channel run by a 343 dev that I am active in: https://discord.gg/uEzqgsz

the other channel is called Halo 1 Hub, which is a Discord for the competitive Halo: CE community.

• Locked thread