Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Ross Angeles posted:

We can only hope that this loss hangs over the Chiefs for the rest of the season and they lose out

I'm going to go drink like you did during that draft or whatever it was.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

Power of Pecota posted:

lol if any Chiefs fans didn't expect something like that

Crimson Sox
Jan 16, 2008

Bromance
I guess I'll have to listen to Kansas City sports radio tonight

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK
Fire Fleming. Fire Smith. Start Daniel.

Alex Smith: 16/25 191 2 INTS

Why have him on the goddamn team if you don't trust him to loving throw a goddamn ball on a thirty second drive to get into field goal range. Every other starter gets to throw a Hail Mary. Every one. McCown does. Manziel does. Hoyer does. Mallett does. Daniel does. Matt Moore does. RGII does. Geno does. Does Alex Smith? No. No one has any confidence in him. Those lovely endarounds to Maclin? A result of this lack of trust. All those constant screens? No trust. One pass that even came close to thirty yards in the air. One. You won't see that poo poo again for another ten weeks, I can loving promise you that. So here we are again. It's a primetime game where the Chiefs choke and get to be the laughingstock of the universe for a week or so and Smith gets to roll around in his pile of millions that he never loving earned and the fans get to wonder why. Why is it so bad? We change the defense, we change the o-line, we change the receivers and we have the best runningback in the league. Why does this poo poo happen?

Because we latched on to Alex loving Smith and we can't shake him off no matter what so we have to go out of our way to work around him and it loving costs us close games like this.

I hate Alex Smith.

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.
The Royals are good this year at least... :yaycloud:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

I'm going to go drink like you did during that draft or whatever it was.

It helps!

(I am sorry chiefs fans, this is what I felt like when Philip Rivers had the Worst Day Ever against your team)

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Parmesan Basil posted:

Why have him on the goddamn team if you don't trust him to loving throw a goddamn ball on a thirty second drive to get into field goal range. Every other starter gets to throw a Hail Mary. Every one. McCown does. Manziel does. Hoyer does. Mallett does. Daniel does. Matt Moore does. RGII does. Geno does. Does Alex Smith? No. No one has any confidence in him. Those lovely endarounds to Maclin? A result of this lack of trust. All those constant screens? No trust. One pass that even came close to thirty yards in the air. One. You won't see that poo poo again for another ten weeks, I can loving promise you that. So here we are again. It's a primetime game where the Chiefs choke and get to be the laughingstock of the universe for a week or so and Smith gets to roll around in his pile of millions that he never loving earned and the fans get to wonder why. Why is it so bad? We change the defense, we change the o-line, we change the receivers and we have the best runningback in the league. Why does this poo poo happen?

Because we latched on to Alex loving Smith and we can't shake him off no matter what so we have to go out of our way to work around him and it loving costs us close games like this.

I hate Alex Smith.

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hate Alex Smith.

bvlah
Aug 21, 2003
A stupid typo
Have every primetime game end like the last two please

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

potato of destiny posted:

The Royals are good this year at least... :yaycloud:

For whatever reason they've started sucking over the last 2 weeks.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

That ending was worth sitting through that lovely rear end game.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Why did it have to be Jovan Belcher.

Why couldn't it have been Alex Smith?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hate Alex Smith.

Alex Smith did not fumble the ball. :greencube:

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

I hate Alex Smith. No other QB makes a coach do chickenshit plays like he does.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
If Alex Smith really wants to help the Chiefs, I know something he could do in the parking lot.

Amazing game, loved it.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Kraken posted:

Alex Smith did not fumble the ball. :greencube:

nah he just turned it over in the red zone twice

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Crimson Sox posted:

http://www.101thefox.net/

Don't allow it to access your location or it will block the online stream.

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

We can only hope that this loss hangs over the Chiefs for the rest of the season and they lose out

I want their fans to be happy, so I don't want this

Short term or long term, because it would likely result in them taking Hackenburg #1 and then they will feel their pain in addition to the last 2 years of my pain for the next decade

TheChirurgeon
Aug 7, 2002

Remember how good you are
Taco Defender
Holy gently caress that was sad.

And holy gently caress Andy Reid's clock management is awful. I looked away from the game for a bit after the Broncos TD, then saw the fumble/return TD, then got very puzzled when Denver kicked off again and that's when I realized that I didn't miss the coin toss and kickoff for OT but rather the Chiefs had actually loving lost in regulation trying to run the ball with 10 seconds left on the clock. How the gently caress does a team do that?

Popy
Feb 19, 2008

Poor Chiefs. :(

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Crimson Sox posted:

The worst part is what is there even to complain about? Sure Andy Reid went conservative but you don't expect the best running back in franchise history (a franchise with a pretty good history there) to lose the game. Alex Smith is worth bitching about but the one thing he's supposed to be good about is what went wrong with the interceptions so it's a freak thing or you're wanting him to be even more careful which would be awful.

I guess Fleming is the best target and he's a poor guy who's thrust into playing because your starter wanted to go driving after throwing a few down.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Chris James 2 posted:

I want their fans to be happy, so I don't want this

Short term or long term, because it would likely result in them taking Hackenburg #1 and then they will feel their pain in addition to the last 2 years of my pain for the next decade

They'd take Cardale and make my life hell for the next decade

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I'm done. I can't do this anymore. Lmao:

Goodnight guys!

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.

spacemang_spliff posted:

nah he just turned it over in the red zone twice

I remember when Alex Smith was thought of as an efficient quarterback (albeit limited) who wouldn't turn over the ball and lose the team games

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

terrible offensive game but the defense more than made up for it. if peyton gets to run the offense then this team might actually kick some rear end.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

Worth noting that Smith didn't throw a single TD tonight. Not one. Two picks in the red zone. Anything from either of those is a win for us, no contest.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

5 years ago this would have legitimately hurt my feelings.

I'm finally a true Chiefs fan.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

The Kraken posted:

I remember when Alex Smith was thought of as an efficient quarterback (albeit limited) who wouldn't turn over the ball and lose the team games

lol I've always thought of him as a slightly better Cassel

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Kraken posted:

There is a universe where Alex Smith is a Super Bowl champ instead of Flacco because the 49ers keep him and instead of 3 (incomplete) passes in the red zone to end the game, Alex hands it off once and they win

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Parmesan Basil posted:

Worth noting that Smith didn't throw a single TD tonight. Not one. Two picks in the red zone. Anything from either of those is a win for us, no contest.

Worth noting that he hasn't thrown a TD to a WR in over a year

REPORTED
Feb 15, 2013

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hate Alex Smith.

Amen. At least if we start a lovely young qb he'll have potential. Smith's ceiling is a first round playoff loss.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
is this real life

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Parmesan Basil posted:

It would have probably just been 2 FGs, which would have still had (by 1 point) the fumble TD be the game ender. So if anything it could have been more heartbreaking, so actually you should thank him for this

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
Glad I just had the game on as background noise while I did other things. Eat poo poo Chiefs.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
That Marcus Peters is gonna be a household name tho

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Parmesan Basil posted:

I hate Alex Smith.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

is this real life

As if you remember the last time you lost to KC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kevlar v2.0
Dec 25, 2003

=^•⩊•^=

How much are Eagles fans loving seeing Andy Reid suck for another team?

• Locked thread