Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster
I totally called this one. Don't underestimate Peyton Manning and his new defense. gently caress ya Broncos win even though I'm not a fan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
a litle bit of trivia: The last QB drafted by the Chiefs to win a game is Todd Blackledge.

He was drafted the year I was born.

I'll be 32 in November.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

is this real life

it is, buddy. we did it. we survived thursday night football. :kimchi:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Pinwiz11 posted:

I'm ready to root for maximum carnage this week, just like I did when we lost that playoff game.

Burn it all down.

Yesssss, join me and root for chaos and despair

So how many more yards does Peyton need to pass Favre after this game?

potato of destiny
Aug 21, 2005

Yeah, welcome to the club, pal.

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

For whatever reason they've started sucking over the last 2 weeks.

Can someone check if KC paved over an indian burial ground or something in the last month?

Views: Just let Peyton run the goddamn offence.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?

Parmesan Basil posted:

Fire Fleming. Fire Smith. Start Daniel.

Alex Smith: 16/25 191 2 INTS

Why have him on the goddamn team if you don't trust him to loving throw a goddamn ball on a thirty second drive to get into field goal range. Every other starter gets to throw a Hail Mary. Every one. McCown does. Manziel does. Hoyer does. Mallett does. Daniel does. Matt Moore does. RGII does. Geno does. Does Alex Smith? No. No one has any confidence in him. Those lovely endarounds to Maclin? A result of this lack of trust. All those constant screens? No trust. One pass that even came close to thirty yards in the air. One. You won't see that poo poo again for another ten weeks, I can loving promise you that. So here we are again. It's a primetime game where the Chiefs choke and get to be the laughingstock of the universe for a week or so and Smith gets to roll around in his pile of millions that he never loving earned and the fans get to wonder why. Why is it so bad? We change the defense, we change the o-line, we change the receivers and we have the best runningback in the league. Why does this poo poo happen?

Because we latched on to Alex loving Smith and we can't shake him off no matter what so we have to go out of our way to work around him and it loving costs us close games like this.

I hate Alex Smith.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

MY NIGGA D-LINK posted:

i don't understand why the chiefs didn't use their gronk clone on every single play like the patriots did to the steelers 3-4 because it sure was working for them every time they tried it

Magicpants
Sep 15, 2011

Certified Poster
I just watched Peyton Manning stink it up for 4 straight quarters and his defense bail him out.
What is this brave new world?

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Yeah this is another thing to be mad about. Even the rookie TE was doing poo poo when they threw at him.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

is this real life

:v:

:hfive:

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Big Bob Pataki posted:

PFTCommenter @PFTCommenter now3 seconds ago
Andy Reid has worse clock management then the Irving school district folks

:holymoley:

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Grittybeard posted:

As if you remember the last time you lost to KC.
i think it was the season finale in 2011 in denver

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah this is another thing to be mad about. Even the rookie TE was doing poo poo when they threw at him.

Well, so was Charles in terms of running until faaaaaaaaaaaaaart.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
alex smith owns. mahalo

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
What

quote:

After tonight's game, Peyton Manning is now tied with Alex Smith with TD passes thrown at Arrowhead (23).

Pinwiz11
Jan 26, 2009

I'm becom-, I'm becom-,
I'm becoming
Tana in, Tana in my mind.

i think it was the season finale in 2011 in denver

Which should have been the ultimate defeat of Tebow bringing the Chiefs into the playoffs but we Chiefed it up the week before :suicide:

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Chris James 2 posted:

There is a universe where Alex Smith is a Super Bowl champ instead of Flacco because the 49ers keep him and instead of 3 (incomplete) passes in the red zone to end the game, Alex hands it off once and they win

lol if you think Smith could have gotten the Niners back into that game after the defense put them in a huge hole early like Kap did

also lol if you think Daniel would actually be an improvement for KC at QB

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!

:golfclap:

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

I never watch the Chiefs unless they're playing the Packers but tonight made me see how he could rip the heart out of a fanbase

Probably Magic
Oct 9, 2012

Looking cute, feeling cute.
The problem with Smith is that he was a great stopgap, like, a really, really good stopgap, but as an ongoing quarterback, with no young guys drafted even late first round/early second round, you just get a consistent level of mediocrity that goes nowhere. He is not a solution. If KC had any kind of deep ball, a lot of the poo poo that happened tonight would not have happened.

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle

believe it

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe

:lol:

I'm not at all surprised. Hell, he's probably in the top 5 in TD passes thrown at Arrowhead at this point.

7 RING SHRIMP
Oct 3, 2012

SlipUp
Sep 30, 2006

stayin c o o l
Alex wasn't great but that pick at the end of the second shouldn't have even been called. Forget throwing the ball going in to the half with the lead, why the gently caress would you call two pass plays to the same player in a row? That one's on Reid's poo poo 2 minute decision making. Taking Charles' fumbles into consideration, this game could've been 31-17 Chiefs.

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

what

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Probably Magic posted:

The problem with Smith is that he was a great stopgap, like, a really, really good stopgap, but as an ongoing quarterback, with no young guys drafted even late first round/early second round, you just get a consistent level of mediocrity that goes nowhere. He is not a solution. If KC had any kind of deep ball, a lot of the poo poo that happened tonight would not have happened.

Quarterback Purgatory is a good term and a real thing. A thing that might not be happening to Buffalo, who's GM coined the phrase.

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

I get thrown off by people who lose their poo poo over a TNF game. It's pretty much always a terrible game from both teams involved because of the greatly shortened week and drawing conclusions from it outside of "lol" is mindboggling.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 18 hours!
What if, what if, what if

What if Kubiak let Peyton run the offense the entire game...

I don't think you wanna go there, dudes.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

old dog child posted:

What if, what if, what if

What if Kubiak let Peyton run the offense the entire game...

I don't think you wanna go there, dudes.
kubiak better loving do that

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
CJ Anderson is garbage

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

lmao gently caress

Kull the Conqueror
Apr 8, 2006

Take me to the green valley,
lay the sod o'er me,
I'm a young cowboy,
I know I've done wrong
Broncos defense is going to keep winning games in style and I'm pumped.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Oh Snapple! posted:

I get thrown off by people who lose their poo poo over a TNF game. It's pretty much always a terrible game from both teams involved because of the greatly shortened week and drawing conclusions from it outside of "lol" is mindboggling.

It's more the Broncos for me. Like yeah it was predictably sort of a poo poo game but it's the loving Broncos.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Hey let me take one of the greatest QBs of all time who has run the same offense his entire career and his biggest strength is calling audibles at the line and make him run MY offense instead.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Magicpants posted:

I just watched Peyton Manning stink it up for 4 straight quarters and his defense bail him out.

It's more like the offensive coordinator. He played better than alex smith. If he really stunk it up, he wouldn't have been able to drive down and get that last TD.

korrandark
Jan 5, 2009

Oh Snapple! posted:

What about the narratives though? Is Peyton back? Is Alex Smith a good QB? Can Jamaal Charles hold on to his helmet?

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Codependent Poster posted:

Hey let me take the greatest QB of all time who has run the same offense his entire career and his biggest strength is calling audibles at the line and make him run MY offense instead.

Fixed

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

Magicpants posted:

In order to beat the Seahawks, Peyton must become the Seahawks.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
i dont think im sleeping tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Man and his dog
Oct 24, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Lmao can't lie. Alex Smith and the Play Calling cost the Chiefs that game..

• Locked thread