Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
I just wish Smith could have played like that on Sunday

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Intruder posted:

I just wish Smith could have played like that on Sunday

He played worse when he played a better defense? Weird

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

You guys ready to hear a satanic song?
up 24-17 with 40 seconds left, lose 31-24

im still just

Mr. Funktastic
Dec 27, 2012

College Slice
Summary of this game: https://vine.co/v/eUpPnil5UtB

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

So, let's see what was right http://deadspin.com/why-your-team-sucks-2015-kansas-city-chiefs-1725050368

quote:

what does it matter? You could have the finest wideouts and linemen in the world playing for this team, and every play would still be a shovel pass to the second-string tight end. Andy Reid and Alex Smith have conspired to devise the least threatening NFL offense of all time.

yep

quote:

They also know all that goodwill will be squandered by Week 3, when a 4-sack performance by Houston is negated by Smith going 20-25 for three yards.

Not exact stats or week, otherwise sure

quote:

They are the league’s straight man, here to take a pie to the face for your enjoyment. Being a Chiefs fan means you never get to be the hero. You don’t get the girl. You don’t get any of the good lines. You are a minor obstacle for the main characters—Patriots, Broncos, Colts, etc.—to overcome on the path to glory.

Right down to the Broncos mention

quote:

Nothing they do matters.

quote:

They haven’t beaten the Broncos since the fivehead cyborg arrived and probably won’t again until he retires.

quote:

There are teams like the Raiders and Browns who just suck, but then there are teams like the Chiefs that make you think they’re good, and then remind you they actually suck.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Ross Angeles posted:

CJ Anderson is garbage

I want to agree with you but the homer in me wants to say it's because CJ hurt his toe and faced two tough defenses while working in a new offense behind a trash line. On the other hand, Peyton managed to get poo poo done behind that same line during the two minute drills so CJ could actually be really bad. I guess the offensive line was a lot better last year so it hid his deficiencies. It doesn't help that Hillman was only marginally better. The true test will be if they still suck against bad defenses, but, at this point, I'm not hopeful about the offense in general.

No joke, I'm legit worried about playing the Chargers, especially after tonight's showing. It's gonna be rough. At least we'll beat the Raiders :downs:

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

kubiak better loving do that

Seriously. I hope he's not too stubborn to modify things.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Ross Angeles posted:

He played worse when he played a better defense? Weird

Suicides don't go to heaven so you should change your avatar

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

old dog child posted:

I want to agree with you but the homer in me wants to say it's because CJ hurt his toe and faced two tough defenses while working in a new offense behind a trash line. On the other hand, Peyton managed to get poo poo done behind that same line during the two minute drills so CJ could actually be really bad. I guess the offensive line was a lot better last year so it hid his deficiencies. It doesn't help that Hillman was only marginally better. The true test will be if they still suck against bad defenses, but, at this point, I'm not hopeful about the offense in general.

No joke, I'm legit worried about playing the Chargers, especially after tonight's showing. It's gonna be rough. At least we'll beat the Raiders :downs:

You shouldn't be worried at all. Our OL is better than last year, but they're big hulking dudes like King Dunlap and Orlando Franklin. Guys like Von Miller and Ware are going to be able to just run around them. I'm legit terrified that Rivers is going to die in all four games against Denver and KC this year.

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Now it's time to watch Smith go back into his shell and give it all he's got for 3 yard gains and wasting the careers of Charles, Houston, Hali, Maclin, and Berry.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Intruder posted:

He had cancer you insensitive rear end in a top hat

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I'm not mad at you Chiefs, I'm just disappointed.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I lost all my funbucks but it was worth it for the comedy

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

old dog child posted:

Doubt it. Peyton's got all the stroke :smug:

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

DO YALL WANT A HAM posted:

Doubt it. Peyton's got all the stroke :smug:

You being smug is really funny ;)

will_colorado
Jun 30, 2007

spacemang_spliff
Nov 29, 2014

wide pickle
Smith is 3-39-1 against teams who score 24 or more points

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Ross Angeles posted:

You being smug is really funny ;)
same

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president
Alex Smith is the QB version of fools gold

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

I feel for all the Chiefs buds because my team is also a minor player obstacle in the AFC that fucks up all the time. Well they beat up Peyton Manning that one time but it's not important.

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Cavauro posted:

I feel for all the Chiefs buds because my team is also a minor player obstacle in the AFC that fucks up all the time. Well they beat up Peyton Manning that one time but it's not important.

chargers?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

He's a Bengals fan.

also the Chargers own.

warcrimes
Jul 6, 2013

I don't know what's it called, I just know the sound it makes when it takes a J4G's life. :parrot: :parrot: :parrot: :parrot:

Intruder posted:

Tell the truth, how long have you been saving this one?

Elliot2lazy
Jun 9, 2015

by Cowcaster

Ross Angeles posted:

He's a Bengals fan.

also the Chargers own.

Well, the chargers in the last decade has gotten to Peyton manning while he was with the colts more than a few times. However, you don't see the chargers in the Superbowl lately ,but they do make the playoffs. Ya Bengals are just as far for the same thing, but Peyton runs over the Bengals more than the chargers that's for sure.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
Well, Chiefs fans, at least it didn't happen to you in the Super Bowl!

LiquidFriend
Apr 5, 2005

I saw that poo poo coming a mile away.

I've given up on seeing a playoff win.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

What happens if the Chiefs and Bengals end up playing each other in the playoffs?

Beefed Owl
Sep 13, 2007

Come at me scrub-lord I'm ripped!
N: Get hosed, Chiefs.

V: Broncos still cool. Peyton still cool.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

What happens if the Chiefs and Bengals end up playing each other in the playoffs?

one of them wins the football game :geno:

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Ross Angeles posted:

Chiefs win and then get shut out the next game

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Ross Angeles posted:

I hate strawman arguments

Funky Bunkbed
Jul 27, 2007
You are now.
So I feel like a total moron, and even after Googling it I can't figure it out, but why the hell was the whole "at least he held on to his helmet" a burn?

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

The Whiz Kid posted:

So I feel like a total moron, and even after Googling it I can't figure it out, but why the hell was the whole "at least he held on to his helmet" a burn?

He sure as hell didn't hold on to the football

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Alaois posted:

one of them wins the football game :geno:

Chromatic
Jan 21, 2005

Funky Bunkbed
Jul 27, 2007
You are now.

Blitz7x posted:

He sure as hell didn't hold on to the football

...well, I AM a total moron. Great news!

I thought maybe it was a reference to a time that a Chiefs player threw the helmet and it bounced up and broke his jaw or something. Felt like that'd be appropriately Chiefs.

This is way better though. Thanks!

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Whiz Kid posted:

The last play before that sideline motion and burn was him dropping the ball, resulting in the TD

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
there was no winning this game because after the broncos tied it it was assured that they'd win in ot and everyone would be bitching about Reid playing for ot like that stupid rear end college team

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
sorry to pecota for this game

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Kevlar v2.0 posted:

How much are Eagles fans loving seeing Andy Reid suck for another team?

I will forever appreciate everything Andy Reid did for the Eagles - even if it never culminated in a Super Bowl win - but while this game wasn't Peak Andy, it was drat close.

Reminder that this was originally published a year and eight months ago:

http://www.footballandrationalthoughts.com/2014/01/06/this-feels-oddly-familiar/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

What a hilarious game. Way to blow it Chiefs.

• Locked thread