Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR

thrawn527 posted:

Content not found. So yeah, I guess it's country blocked.

I found a 2 minute prologue on the BBC America Facebook page.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

violetdragon
Jul 27, 2006

RAWR
I'm used to Doctor Who being a bit silly and not having tight plots, but I'm getting a bit sick of gaping plot holes.

Why does every room in this castle reset to it's original state after awhile *except* the one where having the room stay the same is convenient to creating a *cool* story ending? (the room with the tardis behind 20 feet of stone)

I think the doctor said he thought the tardis was behind there. I can't remember 100% for sure, and I can't check right now.

When does the doctor carve the thing about being in room 12 into that buried stone? Why does it stay when the room resets?

If this torture chamber thing is the inside of the confession dial and a confession dial is something every/most time lords have, how could the doctor have no idea how it worked or that he was inside it?

Why would time lords set something up to torture themselves for potentially billions of years/forever?

Why would your everyday time lord feel like they need to torture themself in order to leave a will/last confession? It's doubtful that most time lords would have horrible secrets like the doctor does.

What even is the point of the confession dial in time lord culture?

Why didn't the doctor use the sonic sunglasses to open that locked door at the beginning? That is a very small inconsistency, but it's weird for the doctor to suddenly be flummoxed by a plain old locked door.

Some of these things might get explained in the next episode, but that stupid tougher-than-diamond stone wall is such bs. It's a major plot point that all the rooms reset AND that the doctor slowly chips away at this stone wall that doesn't reset for billions of years to get through it. Was this explained in the ep and I missed it?

• Locked thread