Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Neddy Seagoon posted:

It had a pair of fantastic episodes, a couple decent ones, one or two that were dumb but entertaining, and just one utter turd that shouldn't have been made.

doctor_who.txt

BSam posted:

That's pretty much correct. I tried to stay awake during Listen, but no luck.

listen was great though??

when does the new episode air? really soon, right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
this game show is like a bizarro family feud.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
this is the planet of the kaleds isn't it??

e: KNEW IT YES.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

Jerusalem posted:

That whole episode was a giant mess, but an incredibly enjoyable one.

agreeing with this.

I figured it was Skaro from the bow and arrow at the beginning, that image from Genesis is probably what I remember most from those episodes.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
That was just delightful, what an enjoyable show.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
they killed her?? :ohdear:

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now

echoplex posted:

YOU killed her
nooooo

IceAgeComing posted:

that was pretty good, i think

agreed I quite liked it, I also like the theme of playing with metanarratives because the sandman episode kinda had that too but this one was actually good instead of strange and off-putting.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
holy poo poo

it has been a very, very long time since an episode of Who actually took my breath away but here we are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
I'm sure you all hated it but I thought that was delightful. I just read the AV Club's review of the episode and agreed with it 100%. The first half was a little whatever, but the second half hit enough of an emotional resonance with me that I choked up. Wonderful episode of television and a fantastic ending to a wonderful season/series.

• Locked thread