Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So can anyone explain to me why the hell the episode called the Magician's Apprentice?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Whoever the show runner is needs to put in as many scenes possible with Capaldi running, as Capaldi's run is a great joy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Welp, I guess it's time to get into the audios then.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Jerusalem posted:

the best revival Who companion back on board as well.

They didn't announce Rory is coming back.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Michelle Gomez continues to just completely loving own in every scene she's in.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
As engaging as the Doctor/Davros stuff was, I was hoping for a little more cackling evil Davros, because Julian Bleach is so good at that.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Fil5000 posted:

Don't listen. Listen and you're dead.

Come on, Minutet in Hell can't be THAT bad.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

I went to Way Station in Brooklyn tonight. This happened. It was awesome.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

One Swell Foop posted:

I'm gueSsing it was Captain MOrgan and Jack Daniels, then?

Exactly. My girlfriend got herself a Tenth Doctor (one of their "Sonic Screwdrivers"), and I had "the Companion", which is listed on the website as a PBR tallboy with a shot of whisky, but was actually a 12 ounce can of Naragansett and a shot of whisky, which I preferred anyway. And yeah, the place is sort of over the top, but the service was good, and I got to pee in the TARDIS, so it was cool with me. Maybe not worth going too far out of your way for, but we had tickets to the Legend of Zelda Symphony Concert at Barclays Center, it's only a mile away, it seemed like an appropriately geeky way to kill time.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Minuet in Vincent

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Rochallor posted:

Rob Schrab mentioned on the Harmontown podcast that the BBC wants him to put one of their properties into the sequel to the Lego Movie, which narrows it down to either Doctor Who or Broadchurch, I suppose.

The phrase "Lego Broadchurch" makes me irrationally happy.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
The Doctor was also playing Amazing Grace in the TARDIS in the first Zygon episode, which could be a clue in a "Paul is dead" sorta way.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
Having listening to that clip of the Doctor/Donna audio several times, can we please give David Tennant some sort of award for his pronunciation of the word "boys"?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

cargohills posted:

Don't nine and ten still technically have round things?

Yes but they aren't THE around things.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

HappyCamperGL posted:

It was a BBC co-production, so probably.

They've used footage of McGann and Eric Roberts on the show, if they want to go there they absolutely can.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Davros1 posted:

They can use them because they're playing BBC created characters, but I'm not sure about anything else from the TVM. Example, BF can't use Grace or Chang Lee.

True, but why the hell would you want to?

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Gorn Myson posted:

Lets bring in Dan Harmon. It'll probably be a disaster, but at least it'll be an imaginative one.

I'd love Dan Harmon and Justin Roiland to get the gig, though I know it'd beget happen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib
EDIT: Screwed this up. Nevermind.

TL fucked around with this message at 16:50 on Jan 15, 2016

• Locked thread