Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
blackguy32
Oct 1, 2005

Say, do you know how to do the walk?

Sheep-Goats posted:

Perhaps I overexaggerated but CNA is basically professional rear end washer whereas with a BSN there's hope you're not going to be doing just that all day long.

I mean, if you have to answer "What does an RN do?" with one sentence it's probably "Hand out meds." Obviously there's a lot of variables and different kinds of RNs so that's a really stupid generalization but I think that's about as good as it gets as a generalization. If you answer "What does a CNA do?" it's probably "Clean rear end."

If anything, as a RN, you are the workforce of the hospital and basically the physician's eyes and ears when they are not there. If there was anything that I would say a CNA does, it is that they are the nurse's eyes and ears while they are off doing something else. Things become so much easier when you have CNAs on the floor, and some of them are loving masters at changing a lovely rear end bed while keeping the new sheets and the patients clean. I still learn new stuff from my CNAs.

Also, as a nurse, I can deal with poo poo and piss all day. But gently caress anything having to do with suctioning. I will gag almost every time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread