Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
faarcyde
Dec 5, 2005
what the hell did you trade Jay Buhner for!?
I am finishing up my prerequisites now and will be applying for a one-year second degree accelerated nursing program in fall of 2016. It has been really tough for me (especially coming from a liberal arts program) because the material is actually difficult and time consuming. I have had to work my bum off in chemistry, microbiology, anatomy..I can't imagine what it will be like when I actually get to nursing school. I am volunteering now and trying to get a low-level job in the ER or surgery floor at a local hospital to make sure I like it like I think I will. My biggest fear is I get another big student loan, kill myself for a year in school and then hate the actual job!

One thing that made me really decide to go for it was nursing channels on YouTube (there are a lot of good ones). Of course there is some participation bias but the vast majority of people who had testimonials about the profession said it was hard work but very rewarding, decent pay, great benefits, good hours and high demand. Most of them seemed to have a great quality of life, mentally. The importance of that, to me at least, can not be understated.

I wouldn't mind keeping up with someone else who was going down the same path if you decide to go for it. I am 31 so I am in a similar position life wise. Send a private message.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread