Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
You get to play as Plague Knight through the whole campaign and it's loving great. You guys play this yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
im playing it right now and it's extremely win. plague knight is my boy

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

He's going to need a bigger shovel. For all of those turds.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Pewdiepie posted:

He's going to need a bigger shovel. For all of those turds.

lmao

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
kool .. ill start it later.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
It's really good.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i was looking forward to this and then i forgot the day before and started playing guacamelee and i dont want to play both at the same time

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I just got an achievement for not touching the ground for ten seconds just dicking around in the lab. plague knight's mobility is so good

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
plague knight feels really good to play. speedruns of his story are going to be sick

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
he shreds treasure knight so bad

his interactions with the baz are amazing

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011
is it not out for the 3ds yet ?

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
dont use the ingame update, you have to go to the shovel knight page on the eshop and update from there for some reason.

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013
lol, if you try to dance in front of Mona you just act shy and don't do anything

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

plague knight and mona are going to get married

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

dont use the ingame update, you have to go to the shovel knight page on the eshop and update from there for some reason.

TY

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Doctor Goat posted:

I just got an achievement for not touching the ground for ten seconds just dicking around in the lab. plague knight's mobility is so good

That's what that part of the level looks like? loving poo poo. I'm stuck because I can't time the jumps.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

TV Zombie posted:

That's what that part of the level looks like? loving poo poo. I'm stuck because I can't time the jumps.

well ur supposed to hit the books w/ bombs to make platforms

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

TV Zombie posted:

that's the glory of plague knight. you can do that or you can do it normally with books, by blowing up the books to make more books

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just got the screw attack burst. Plague Knight is super fun.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love his animations and using bomb throws midair to extend your jump...very fun. The shovel knight guys are cool to include this for free

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

In Training posted:

I love his animations and using bomb throws midair to extend your jump...very fun. The shovel knight guys are cool to include this for free

i think theres one or two more free expansion things coming too

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Oh poo poo this is amazing news, thanks for the heads up OP.

I really liked Shovel Knight, glad there's more content.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

good challenge: clear the mole knight fire section without using the green jelly

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
I'd play this but I'm currently trying to beat a really awful JRPG quickly so I can return it to GameStop for full price and get something decent instead

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Mach2 posted:

I'd play this but I'm currently trying to beat a really awful JRPG quickly so I can return it to GameStop for full price and get something decent instead

Here's a tip: don't play the lovely game you don't like and just return it like a regular person with no chemical imbalances

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014

rediscover posted:

Here's a tip: don't play the lovely game you don't like and just return it like a regular person with no chemical imbalances

I'm trying to crank the most time-killing out of this garbage game before I return it because I spend 4-6 hours in the car playing my 3DS a day

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

what jrpg

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
it definitely isn't conception 2 because I'm better at buying games than that okay???

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mach2 posted:

I'm trying to crank the most time-killing out of this garbage game before I return it because I spend 4-6 hours in the car playing my 3DS a day

You could play the plague knight campaign in that time frame.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Awesome! posted:

i think theres one or two more free expansion things coming too

king knight and reaper knight

and co-op on wiiu

and deathmatch

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Mach2 posted:

it definitely isn't conception 2 because I'm better at buying games than that okay???

didnt u try the demo first? i tried it and it was proabably the worst thing ive ever played.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

and co-op on wiiu

and deathmatch

kool. id pay for it if they charged.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

and co-op on wiiu

and deathmatch

They wrote a lot of cool stuff about how they designed the plague knight stuff, trying to keep the gameplay reflective of the boss fight, and if they do that with reaper knight he will just be zipping around levels at the speed of light which will be pwnage

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Is it confirmed that it's king and spectre knights?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Blackheart posted:

Is it confirmed that it's king and spectre knights?

yeah

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

cool!

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

I.N.R.I posted:

kool. id pay for it if they charged.

im surprised they didn't charge for plague of shadows with the sheer amount of ownage it contains

Evil Eagle posted:

Just got the screw attack burst. Plague Knight is super fun.

there's a bootleg screw attack if you buy the green armor that procs whenever your burst touches a wall. it's incredibly fun and i dont know if it's actually even helpful in any way.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Doctor Goat posted:

and co-op on wiiu

and deathmatch

In Training posted:

They wrote a lot of cool stuff about how they designed the plague knight stuff, trying to keep the gameplay reflective of the boss fight, and if they do that with reaper knight he will just be zipping around levels at the speed of light which will be pwnage

These devs sound really cool. Maybe I'll try to beat the base game this weekend.

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Unrelated, but I want to buy some amiibos as well as a Wii U and Super Mario Maker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

These devs sound really cool. Maybe I'll try to beat the base game this weekend.

Shovel knight is loving awesome and they just more doubled the base content in a free content release. They've reached the very rare echelon of Good Western Devs

• Locked thread