Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
im thkning ill get teh amiibo as a thank you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
the amiibo unlocks even more content

i dont want to buy a 3ds amiibo platform but maybe i will

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have the vita version...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait. Can you be shovel knight in Mario maker with the shovel knight amiibo.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i dont have it on 3ds or wii u i dont care

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

Wait. Can you be shovel knight in Mario maker with the shovel knight amiibo.

that is not announced, they did a stream the other day and kept saying that would be cool but not in a jokey hiding a secret way

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

that is not announced, they did a stream the other day and kept saying that would be cool but not in a jokey hiding a secret way

drat. I would love to make some Shovel Knight style levels built around using enemies to jump across gaps

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the amiibo thing is weird, nintendo isnt manufacturing it, they got the rights to have their own amiibo made by a 3rd party

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

In Training posted:

Shovel knight is loving awesome and they just more doubled the base content in a free content release. They've reached the very rare echelon of Good Western Devs

And Spectre and King Knights' updates will triple and quadruple the base content. For free. :psyboom:

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
how do you get the other armors?

edit: nvm just found them.

Inflammatory fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Sep 20, 2015

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

By completely blowing off my BS you have passed the first trial
its ffree because all of it was kickstarter stretch goals. There's also gonna be a Gender Swap Mode where every single character is gender swapped. And a battle mode with all of the bosses playable

SunAndSpring
Dec 4, 2013

Ristolaz posted:

its ffree because all of it was kickstarter stretch goals. There's also gonna be a Gender Swap Mode where every single character is gender swapped. And a battle mode with all of the bosses playable

Jesus, Shovel Knight is like the best loving Kickstarter game ever

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Ristolaz posted:

im getting turned on atm...

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

SunAndSpring posted:

Jesus, Shovel Knight is like the best loving Kickstarter game ever

Yeah I kinda regret not giving it whatever amount of money lets me be in the hall of champions and immortalized forever in the good game.................................

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its amazing they added all this content and redesigned the levels for plague knight's abilities but i REALLY suck at playing him and kill myself on simple platforming bits all the time lol

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah I kinda regret not giving it whatever amount of money lets me be in the hall of champions and immortalized forever in the good game.................................

until plague knight explodes your painting, and 6 others with a single bomb.

I got to the last level today I think. After it I'm gonna get all the cipher coins. I love collecting cipher coins.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this poo poo is really good

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

its driving me nuts how good this game is ahhhhhhhhh

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Plague Knight is really good but it's really hard

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

all the relics can be obtained for free so money isnt as important so theres less punishment for death

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
the ending is v cute

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

the ending is v cute

I loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

until plague knight explodes your painting, and 6 others with a single bomb.

I got to the last level today I think. After it I'm gonna get all the cipher coins. I love collecting cipher coins.

Somehow I managed to miss exactly one cipher coin per level. Ticks me off!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Somehow I managed to miss exactly one cipher coin per level. Ticks me off!

It didn't tick me off, and I went and got them all. You get an armor that changes your loadout every few seconds and always sets the max bombs to 3, even if the powder previously only let you use one. I'm playing through ng+ hard with it and it kicks rear end.

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
i have the problem of always trying to play too slick and too fast as plague knight cause it looks cool but i keep falling in holes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how do i get the arcana in the flying ship? :/

e: nevermind, you use a vat to get past the fans

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

you get so many mobility options

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jump burst double jump burst bomb burst bomb burst forever and fly over the stages

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

saving myself from falling into a pit with a shoryuken

Ristolaz
Sep 29, 2005

Well I suck poo poo as plague knight but I'm a better shovel knight than the AI shovel knight. Hahaha stupid idiot

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I still haven't bought this game and I really should

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i was concerned when they showed off the bomb design thing cuz in a lot of games that kinda stuff is pretty superfluous but since its your primary weapon you need to mess with it, and its really fun to swap out which bombs youre using to like hit a dude while stuck on a ladder or whatever

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also some bomb combinations ended up being good counters for specific boss fights and it made the game feel even more like a fun Mega Man game

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat the game and the ending was indeed cute. i wanna suck yacht club's dick

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the recharging relic ammo is really good too, they just want to your be constantly trying different things

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
i keep hearing you can burst multiple times in a row but i can never get it to charge before i land, even with the float burst.

Soral
May 30, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

i keep hearing you can burst multiple times in a row but i can never get it to charge before i land, even with the float burst.

i think the float burst disables charging a new burst until you land. that's how it seemed to me at least

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

its the only one that cant burst more than once in a row. I used it for a while but once I discovered the power of multiburst I never went back. I kind of wish i didn't pick it up because I dont like when it comes up while I'm using the randomly changing loadout armor.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
lol that would explain it then.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

Evil Eagle posted:

its the only one that cant burst more than once in a row. I used it for a while but once I discovered the power of multiburst I never went back. I kind of wish i didn't pick it up because I dont like when it comes up while I'm using the randomly changing loadout armor.

how often do it switch you around

• Locked thread