Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the vat spell is a death cheat and i love it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I was furious trying to play the game without the shovel jump, but now that I got the hang of the burst jump I live Plague Knight so much.

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

its very hard to learn to control plague knight well and i freakin love it!!! this game is the BOMB!!!!!

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

how often do it switch you around

Every 10s or so.

Mode 7
Jul 28, 2007

I would have given them money for this, it's freaking sweet

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
get your friends who own shovel knight to play it so yacht club sees the achievements letting them know people are actually playing this stuff they are releasing for free

buy it for friends who dont own it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I would have given them money for this, it's freaking sweet

yes

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

this free expansion patch might be one of my games of the year

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

get your friends who own shovel knight to play it so yacht club sees the achievements letting them know people are actually playing this stuff they are releasing for free

buy it for friends who dont own it

I told my friend who already owns it about it but he got frustrated on the first level and stopped playing. Stupid bitch

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

In Training posted:

I told my friend who already owns it about it but he got frustrated on the first level and stopped playing. Stupid bitch

i beat the first level without realizing that as well as jump and bomb jump, you can double jump. this made some of those early jumps really hard

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plague Knight is the loving bomb. Just got all of these in 1 run.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Plague Knight is the loving bomb. Just got all of these in 1 run.

youre pretty good

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plague Knight with the default loadout is pretty drat fun. He is an extremely stylish platformer character. I think I'm gonna try and speedrun his mode, I just need to practice propeller knight.

Edit: Also there's no alternate ending that I could see if you never learn to dance. Dancing was all I was really missing doing the penny pincher/naked plague feats.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 23, 2015

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TBH the only modification to his bombs that are worth it are the component bombs(makes a huge explosion if you throw three bombs into one spot, great for everything and p much a straight-up upgrade) and the screw attack burst. everything else has a huge downside for little gain, or something thats super situational

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

TBH the only modification to his bombs that are worth it are the component bombs(makes a huge explosion if you throw three bombs into one spot, great for everything and p much a straight-up upgrade) and the screw attack burst. everything else has a huge downside for little gain, or something thats super situational

Cascade bombs are super good for bosses that stick to the ground, and I really like impact fuse. Aside from that his default stuff and the component bombs are the way to go.

That said, using the pandemonium cloak which lets all bomb types have 3 max makes the other bombs really drat good.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

That said, using the pandemonium cloak which lets all bomb types have 3 max makes the other bombs really drat good.

oh is that what it does? holy poo poo

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh is that what it does? holy poo poo

Well, that's one part of what it does. The other part is randomizing your casing, powder, fuse, burst and arcana along with your sprite colors every 10 seconds or so.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

The cluster bombs shredded tinker knight

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

random trajectory sounds awful

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speed trick: While flying forward, if you're going to hit an enemy turn around in midair to get knocked the direction you want to go, instead of getting knocked backwards. Flying through the pitch black sections of Spectre Knight's stage is badass.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Current Feeling: love game

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
I love Plague Knight but all I can think about now is what they will do for the Specter Knight.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Agag posted:

I love Plague Knight but all I can think about now is what they will do for the Specter Knight.

im wondering if theyll just end up creating new cities and altering the world map so they dont have to keep doing weird things to explain why bad guys can go there

maybe king knight will just bribe the guards

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

plague knight's story was very neat and high quality. it didnt feel like they just shoved him in as a playable character and treated his interaction with the other villains as an afterthought. i have faith in them for future characters and hope they charge for it because i wanna give yacht club money

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

elf help book posted:

im wondering if theyll just end up creating new cities and altering the world map so they dont have to keep doing weird things to explain why bad guys can go there

maybe king knight will just bribe the guards

I could see spectre going to the town's cemetery and chilling out with ghosts and undead there

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
spectre knight is a bad rear end.

PixoPoxo
Dec 11, 2006
Am get!
I love games that let you customize your weapons and this scratches that itch really well. Plague Knight owns.

Flying Squirrel
Oct 24, 2007
Thanks, Zombie Lincoln

Bobnumerotres posted:

plague knight's story was very neat and high quality. it didnt feel like they just shoved him in as a playable character and treated his interaction with the other villains as an afterthought. i have faith in them for future characters and hope they charge for it because i wanna give yacht club money

Seriously, when I heard about the expansion I thought this was just going to be some kind of neat gimmick I'll try out and go, "oh, neat" but then I downloaded it and yeah, it's fully integrated and well done and with a cute story and everything. I am so jazzed for the future expansions

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did a multi-segment speedrun to try and get a baseline for all the levels and this is what I ended up with:

Now I'm going to try a single segment run and hope that I don't completely gently caress up against propeller knight. Going fast with Plague Knight is so fun.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i hoPe palgue knight gets with mona , in the end.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i collected the coins

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

mysterious loyall X posted:

i hoPe palgue knight gets with mona , in the end.

im hopeing the same thing

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Evil Eagle posted:

I did a multi-segment speedrun to try and get a baseline for all the levels and this is what I ended up with:

Now I'm going to try a single segment run and hope that I don't completely gently caress up against propeller knight. Going fast with Plague Knight is so fun.

Nice

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

Bobnumerotres posted:

buy a copy for a friend

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my only complaint about the DLC is that all of the bosses are chumps since you can just sit back and bomb the poo poo out of them from a safe distance

except for the Shovel Knight boss, who is designed to be a total dick to you and counter everything you try which is loving cool lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

my only complaint about the DLC is that all of the bosses are chumps since you can just sit back and bomb the poo poo out of them from a safe distance

except for the Shovel Knight boss, who is designed to be a total dick to you and counter everything you try which is loving cool lol

when you first fight him i just threw bombs at him and it dug a hole in the dirt ground and he couldnt get out of it and i kept throwing bombs down into the hole

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

when you first fight him i just threw bombs at him and it dug a hole in the dirt ground and he couldnt get out of it and i kept throwing bombs down into the hole

he mustve bugged out on you. if he ever got stuck for me he would get pissed and use the airhorn

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

elf help book posted:

he kept getting stuck in single block gaps and vibrating furiously until he triggered a skill for me

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Bobnumerotres posted:

the bosses were pretty easy in the base game too since u had a lot of health . but it was harder on hard difficulty

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Starting to get really good at speeding through Plague of Shadows without dying... I think I'm gonna record my next run.

• Locked thread