Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

Evil Eagle posted:

Starting to get really good at speeding through Plague of Shadows without dying... I think I'm gonna record my next run.

i'm playing thru on ng+ destroying all the checkpoints and most of the levels i'm clearing 1st try but the air ship is still giving me hell...nOOoooOoo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm playing thru on ng+ destroying all the checkpoints and most of the levels i'm clearing 1st try but the air ship is still giving me hell...nOOoooOoo

you should play it on twitch

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I got a lot a practice on the flying machine stage so I can blast through it now. boss still knocks me in the pit a lot though...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I got a lot a practice on the flying machine stage so I can blast through it now. boss still knocks me in the pit a lot though...

thats the only reason hes a dick. hes a total joke in the boss marathon because he doesnt have those pits at the ends of the screen

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

buy shovel knight on every platform to show your appreciation for this epic game and its dlc

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

i always hated plague knights stage because it has those bad bits where its dark and you need lightning to light up the platforms

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.
that's specter knight.,

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

well then i don't like that stage

trying to jack off
Dec 31, 2007

im a 6 month old baby and dont understand object permanence yet. it makes that level hell

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
its pretty tough in the new expansion, cuz your still getting used to movement as plague knight and arent really sure where youll land even with the lights on

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i fly over it

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

i really like the new movement challenge to plague knight, especially since shovel knight was so easy and effortless to control, it makes for a really new kind of game

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

whats actually different about new game +? is it just double damage?

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Less checkpoints too. Not sure what else.

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

nothing fuckin drops health

turnways
Jun 22, 2004

i want Shovel Knight Maker

Soral
May 30, 2009

i just beat this and the ending is very cute. i like that there is a dedicated dance button. flying around like a lunatic is awesome. i would have paid beaucoup bucks for this but it was free

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Soral posted:

i just beat this and the ending is very cute. i like that there is a dedicated dance button. flying around like a lunatic is awesome. i would have paid beaucoup bucks for this but it was free

when i first played shovel knight i thought it was really well made but not like excited about it, after playing this expansion i love the whole thing shovel knight is great

Soral
May 30, 2009

hell yeah. i'm really excited to see what else these guys do. i heard they were going to do more shovel knight stuff but i don't know what it is or if it's true?

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Soral posted:

hell yeah. i'm really excited to see what else these guys do. i heard they were going to do more shovel knight stuff but i don't know what it is or if it's true?

they are making king knight and specter knight story modes, also free

Soral
May 30, 2009

elf help book posted:

they are making king knight and specter knight story modes, also free

incroyable.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NG+ -
-you take double damage
-half as many checkpoints (theres still always a checkpoint right before the boss)
-nothing drops healing ever gently caress this
-during the boss rush at the end, dinner plates alternate between full heals and bombs

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Bobnumerotres posted:

NG+ -
-you take double damage
-half as many checkpoints (theres still always a checkpoint right before the boss)
-nothing drops healing ever gently caress this
-during the boss rush at the end, dinner plates alternate between full heals and bombs

not even a carrot its so rude

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

not even a carrot its so rude

its dumb because you can just suicide at a checkpoint to have full health

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NG+ for shovel knight was too hard for me, and I knew I wasn't up to the task for Plague so I haven't even bothered. I want to watch a speed run because it will probably be sick

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

NG+ for shovel knight was too hard for me, and I knew I wasn't up to the task for Plague so I haven't even bothered. I want to watch a speed run because it will probably be sick

workin on it

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

In Training posted:

I played new game plus up until the boss rush, which does not give you any healing items in shovel knights mode at least. I had one healing thing from the trouple king and I got all the way to polar knight who was the final guy and i got instant killed.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I played new game plus up until the boss rush, which does not give you any healing items in shovel knights mode at least. I had one healing thing from the trouple king and I got all the way to polar knight who was the final guy and i got instant killed.

It should give you a chicken every other boss, that's weird.

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

Evil Eagle posted:

It should give you a chicken every other boss, that's weird.

Maybe its different between consoles? I inly have shovel knight on my wiiU

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

i got the cheevo for beating the game fast [1h18m]. wHew. palgue night peweens

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
I can't wait for the AGDQ plague knight run.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i got the cheevo for beating the game fast [1h18m]. wHew. palgue night peweens

grats!

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003

how dost thou do quick bomb jumps in sucession ? i've seen ppl do 2 in a row on utube w/o throwing a bomb? there was an exploit but it got patched out... zippingthru the game as vanilla plague knight is bad rear end...

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i want to see a crazy TAS run of shovelknight tbh

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
TAS plague knight goo armor only

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

how dost thou do quick bomb jumps in sucession ? i've seen ppl do 2 in a row on utube w/o throwing a bomb? there was an exploit but it got patched out... zippingthru the game as vanilla plague knight is bad rear end...

Very carefully :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To be perfectlyhonest, I actually don't know. Sorry for trolling

Workaday Wizard
Oct 23, 2009

by Pragmatica

u can charge immediately after u burst without throwing a bomb

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

I don't understand what goo armor does. Does it bounce you off a wall if you burst into it? That sounds like a really bad idea

Bursting around is fun as hell this DLC is so good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I don't understand what goo armor does. Does it bounce you off a wall if you burst into it? That sounds like a really bad idea

Bursting around is fun as hell this DLC is so good

It sucks your peanius.

• Locked thread