Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I love his animations and using bomb throws midair to extend your jump...very fun. The shovel knight guys are cool to include this for free

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

good challenge: clear the mole knight fire section without using the green jelly

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Mach2 posted:

I'm trying to crank the most time-killing out of this garbage game before I return it because I spend 4-6 hours in the car playing my 3DS a day

You could play the plague knight campaign in that time frame.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Doctor Goat posted:

king knight and reaper knight

and co-op on wiiu

and deathmatch

They wrote a lot of cool stuff about how they designed the plague knight stuff, trying to keep the gameplay reflective of the boss fight, and if they do that with reaper knight he will just be zipping around levels at the speed of light which will be pwnage

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

net cafe scandal posted:

These devs sound really cool. Maybe I'll try to beat the base game this weekend.

Shovel knight is loving awesome and they just more doubled the base content in a free content release. They've reached the very rare echelon of Good Western Devs

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I have the vita version...

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Wait. Can you be shovel knight in Mario maker with the shovel knight amiibo.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

that is not announced, they did a stream the other day and kept saying that would be cool but not in a jokey hiding a secret way

drat. I would love to make some Shovel Knight style levels built around using enemies to jump across gaps

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Inflammatory posted:

the ending is v cute

I loved it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Evil Eagle posted:

until plague knight explodes your painting, and 6 others with a single bomb.

I got to the last level today I think. After it I'm gonna get all the cipher coins. I love collecting cipher coins.

Somehow I managed to miss exactly one cipher coin per level. Ticks me off!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Also some bomb combinations ended up being good counters for specific boss fights and it made the game feel even more like a fun Mega Man game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

elf help book posted:

get your friends who own shovel knight to play it so yacht club sees the achievements letting them know people are actually playing this stuff they are releasing for free

buy it for friends who dont own it

I told my friend who already owns it about it but he got frustrated on the first level and stopped playing. Stupid bitch

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

TBH the only modification to his bombs that are worth it are the component bombs(makes a huge explosion if you throw three bombs into one spot, great for everything and p much a straight-up upgrade) and the screw attack burst. everything else has a huge downside for little gain, or something thats super situational

The cluster bombs shredded tinker knight

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

NG+ for shovel knight was too hard for me, and I knew I wasn't up to the task for Plague so I haven't even bothered. I want to watch a speed run because it will probably be sick

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

mysterious loyall X posted:

how dost thou do quick bomb jumps in sucession ? i've seen ppl do 2 in a row on utube w/o throwing a bomb? there was an exploit but it got patched out... zippingthru the game as vanilla plague knight is bad rear end...

Very carefully :D

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

To be perfectlyhonest, I actually don't know. Sorry for trolling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bump. The original design of this DLC was completely different than what they made http://yachtclubgames.com/2015/12/crafting-mechanics/ neat read.

• Locked thread