Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Just got the screw attack burst. Plague Knight is super fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Ristolaz posted:

Yeah I kinda regret not giving it whatever amount of money lets me be in the hall of champions and immortalized forever in the good game.................................

until plague knight explodes your painting, and 6 others with a single bomb.

I got to the last level today I think. After it I'm gonna get all the cipher coins. I love collecting cipher coins.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

Somehow I managed to miss exactly one cipher coin per level. Ticks me off!

It didn't tick me off, and I went and got them all. You get an armor that changes your loadout every few seconds and always sets the max bombs to 3, even if the powder previously only let you use one. I'm playing through ng+ hard with it and it kicks rear end.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

jump burst double jump burst bomb burst bomb burst forever and fly over the stages

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Inflammatory posted:

i keep hearing you can burst multiple times in a row but i can never get it to charge before i land, even with the float burst.

its the only one that cant burst more than once in a row. I used it for a while but once I discovered the power of multiburst I never went back. I kind of wish i didn't pick it up because I dont like when it comes up while I'm using the randomly changing loadout armor.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

rediscover posted:

how often do it switch you around

Every 10s or so.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plague Knight is the loving bomb. Just got all of these in 1 run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Plague Knight with the default loadout is pretty drat fun. He is an extremely stylish platformer character. I think I'm gonna try and speedrun his mode, I just need to practice propeller knight.

Edit: Also there's no alternate ending that I could see if you never learn to dance. Dancing was all I was really missing doing the penny pincher/naked plague feats.

Evil Eagle fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Sep 23, 2015

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

TBH the only modification to his bombs that are worth it are the component bombs(makes a huge explosion if you throw three bombs into one spot, great for everything and p much a straight-up upgrade) and the screw attack burst. everything else has a huge downside for little gain, or something thats super situational

Cascade bombs are super good for bosses that stick to the ground, and I really like impact fuse. Aside from that his default stuff and the component bombs are the way to go.

That said, using the pandemonium cloak which lets all bomb types have 3 max makes the other bombs really drat good.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Bobnumerotres posted:

oh is that what it does? holy poo poo

Well, that's one part of what it does. The other part is randomizing your casing, powder, fuse, burst and arcana along with your sprite colors every 10 seconds or so.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Speed trick: While flying forward, if you're going to hit an enemy turn around in midair to get knocked the direction you want to go, instead of getting knocked backwards. Flying through the pitch black sections of Spectre Knight's stage is badass.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

I did a multi-segment speedrun to try and get a baseline for all the levels and this is what I ended up with:

Now I'm going to try a single segment run and hope that I don't completely gently caress up against propeller knight. Going fast with Plague Knight is so fun.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Starting to get really good at speeding through Plague of Shadows without dying... I think I'm gonna record my next run.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

mysterious loyall X posted:

i'm playing thru on ng+ destroying all the checkpoints and most of the levels i'm clearing 1st try but the air ship is still giving me hell...nOOoooOoo

I got a lot a practice on the flying machine stage so I can blast through it now. boss still knocks me in the pit a lot though...

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

i fly over it

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Less checkpoints too. Not sure what else.

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

In Training posted:

NG+ for shovel knight was too hard for me, and I knew I wasn't up to the task for Plague so I haven't even bothered. I want to watch a speed run because it will probably be sick

workin on it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

Austrian mook posted:

I played new game plus up until the boss rush, which does not give you any healing items in shovel knights mode at least. I had one healing thing from the trouple king and I got all the way to polar knight who was the final guy and i got instant killed.

It should give you a chicken every other boss, that's weird.

• Locked thread