Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

its amazing they added all this content and redesigned the levels for plague knight's abilities but i REALLY suck at playing him and kill myself on simple platforming bits all the time lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

how do i get the arcana in the flying ship? :/

e: nevermind, you use a vat to get past the fans

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i beat the game and the ending was indeed cute. i wanna suck yacht club's dick

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the vat spell is a death cheat and i love it

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Sodomy Non Sapiens posted:

I would have given them money for this, it's freaking sweet

yes

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

Plague Knight is the loving bomb. Just got all of these in 1 run.

youre pretty good

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

TBH the only modification to his bombs that are worth it are the component bombs(makes a huge explosion if you throw three bombs into one spot, great for everything and p much a straight-up upgrade) and the screw attack burst. everything else has a huge downside for little gain, or something thats super situational

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

That said, using the pandemonium cloak which lets all bomb types have 3 max makes the other bombs really drat good.

oh is that what it does? holy poo poo

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

plague knight's story was very neat and high quality. it didnt feel like they just shoved him in as a playable character and treated his interaction with the other villains as an afterthought. i have faith in them for future characters and hope they charge for it because i wanna give yacht club money

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

my only complaint about the DLC is that all of the bosses are chumps since you can just sit back and bomb the poo poo out of them from a safe distance

except for the Shovel Knight boss, who is designed to be a total dick to you and counter everything you try which is loving cool lol

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

when you first fight him i just threw bombs at him and it dug a hole in the dirt ground and he couldnt get out of it and i kept throwing bombs down into the hole

he mustve bugged out on you. if he ever got stuck for me he would get pissed and use the airhorn

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Evil Eagle posted:

I got a lot a practice on the flying machine stage so I can blast through it now. boss still knocks me in the pit a lot though...

thats the only reason hes a dick. hes a total joke in the boss marathon because he doesnt have those pits at the ends of the screen

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

NG+ -
-you take double damage
-half as many checkpoints (theres still always a checkpoint right before the boss)
-nothing drops healing ever gently caress this
-during the boss rush at the end, dinner plates alternate between full heals and bombs

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

elf help book posted:

not even a carrot its so rude

its dumb because you can just suicide at a checkpoint to have full health

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

mysterious loyall X posted:

i got the cheevo for beating the game fast [1h18m]. wHew. palgue night peweens

grats!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU