Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
It looks surprisingly a lot like an SW20, just a lot bigger

Voted 5, congrats man. Also let me drive it sometime :buddy:

e: what is your DD now??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

At my peak AIness, my 3 cars were an NA Miata, a Group 2 rally Focus, and that supercharged SVT Focus.
If I got a 2nd car, I"m positive the same thing would happen -- I'd buy something cool and impractical and less reliable instead of something reliable and capable of carrying 4 tires in the hatch.
I currently own 9 bicycles; I need to thin that herd to have more time to focus on cars, too.

My local Ferrari shop is Aston Martin of New England, who has a Ferrari-certified tech who works on a wide age-range of Ferraris. They do tires in-house, and quoted me :eyepop: $280. The next most expensive place locally is $120. I also found out their labor rate is $135/hr, which seems reasonable enough.
I would like to check these guys out more -- I need them to install these Ricambi skid plates under the front lip and do all the real maintenance work on the car.

I can find out pricing at work for it if you still need it, the guy who does tires at BMW can definitely do it no problem

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

leica posted:

Not many new people coming through. Isn't TT the latest regular AIer that hasn't been run out of here?

Do we have bad B.O. or something?

I think the two S13 guys are relatively new, right?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Laserface posted:

Ive been here since 2004 or something, lurker for years before that. I only made a thread because I felt like I was posting too much in the 'what did you do to your ride today' thread.

I don't know how I didn't know that :doh:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Next time you and muffinpox go driving hit me up too, I want to see this beast in action

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I love going into the tunnels too and letting it rip too, it sounds so nice

Exhaust sounds amazing too, awesome choice

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Muffinpox posted:

$2850 valuation, the actual excise tax is somewhere ~$75

Mine was like 85 bucks last year :mad:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

Goddammit, curbed the right rear wheel again. A pretty minor scratch, but I'm gonna have to stock up on NOS wheels if I wanna make selling this car easy.
I thought I was way further away from the curb than I was.

Got a nod from an old man driving a puce blue R107 and a thumbs up from a black GD WRX or STi.
Also a point from my friend driving around in his ND, but doesn't count.

Lots of traffic, so didn't really get to drive it. I've noticed that if I'm driving one-handed, it means I'm not going hard enough to make the car really shine. The car isn't so analog that you can appreciate the dynamics at any speed.

Checked the oil when I parked - 80%, but a lot of small bubbles. Color was dark but not cloudy.

If you look at the curb in front of mass pharm I'm pretty sure there are purple flakes forever embedded in it. Gotta get in close cause there isn't a lot of space on RT9, just got a little too close :(

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

jamal posted:

My favorite part:

Well, that part is true. Even if his suspension choice is questionable

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Just because I can't hit the full grip potential of my S2000 on public roads without endangering myself doesn't mean that it isn't engaging to drive. I drive the cars at work and they are boring as hell, even if they are faster and to some people more practical and comfortable. They are 100% less of a driving experience than what older cars are, even if you aren't racing

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Get an NSX, they don't break

The 348 is cool and stuff but it also seems to be a bit of a basket case

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Muffinpox posted:

This is what separates the NSX and 348 apart for me, I wouldn't put it past Ferrari to have just said "why would you order a car in white? Eh, looks good enough" while doing the fit and finish. The 348 reeked of a car where the amenities were a "oh I guess we should do that" because why the gently caress would you take your Ferrari out when it might rain, leave the top at home instead of stowing it. Everything about the actual driving and mechanicals of the car was artwork, but then you get to the door and there's exposed screws. The NSX is a billion times better and more thought out in terms of fit and finish but it lacks something the Ferrari had in terms of driving. I hate to drop the "soul" moniker but you can feel the Ferrari was built to be driven and enjoyed and forget the rest, while the NSX was something you could live with everyday.

I still think you are crazy for not liking the NSX more but that really comes down to preference I guess

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

Buy an NSX or a Cayman S

edit: import an R32 GT-R

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

kimbo305 posted:

NSX -- I would buy in white. Sometimes you see supercharged ones go for not much more than stock, given the mod hit to value.

Cayman S -- I used to be way more into them than Boxsters, but they've aged rather quickly. I think you get slightly better value with the soft top.

Yeah I remember looking at Cayman S around the time I bought my S2000 and they were in the mid to low 20's if you got lucky. That seems to have been the bottom out point, since I looked again a few months back and the low end had climbed back up to upper 20's low 30s

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

jamal posted:

If you're going to get a GTR you might as well make it a Nissan.

If you are going to get a GTR you might as well get a Nissan :v:

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

BigPaddy posted:

It gets old pretty fast imo. Driving through Europe with a RHD car and coming to the tolls was a real pain.

Luckily for us, Massachusetts did away with toll booths. EZ Pass only boys

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

I still stand by my thought you should get an NSX.

However, get an R32 GT-R and then let me drive it please

• Locked thread