Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Requesting thread tag change to HOT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Let me know how that works, the roof rubber on my Civic has shrunk a slight amount and I was told nothing really works so I'm curious.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

That's probably the classiest thing I have ever seen on a car.

Even including White Snake music videos? :aaa:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Give it time (yes I know it wasn't a 348 shut up)

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Kinda feel that car would be more like a "Carfuckers, Inc" if I owned it

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
All I ask is that if the forums do wind up shutting down some day, that I be made mod of AI for six mere hours.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

The paint might not be red, but at least the car cover is :effort:

In the thread crossover episode, ZERO CONES WILL BE HIT, ZERO GIRLS WILL BE HIT UPON WITH OFFERS OF FREE COCAINE.

That actually reminded me of a 348 I was following in the bay area for a while a few years back. Was in the right lane of a larger street, and the 348 was in front of me. On the left side across the street was a high school cheerleading squad doing a car wash fund raiser and I saw the dude double take, zip into the left lane, got into the turn lane, and flipped a u turn.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
My favorite Ferrari experience actually involved a red 348 flying up the on ramp to 280 in San Jose just south of where it crosses 101, and I swear to god it was a real life picture perfect recreation of that old Genesis or NES game (it's been years but you know the one) where a red 348 with the targa off came flying up that long sweeping up hander ramp with at least 15* yaw off center, possibly 20*, dude with huge shades and Miami vice hair flawlessly hanging the rear end end out continuing across three lanes to the carpool lane, and some trophy blonde in the seat next to him with her hands in the air. Then hammered it and dissapeared.

The second experience was with my E30 heading out of San Jose up Mt Hamilton towards Livermore at midnight one night and halfway up to the top I encountered a black Testarossa going the opposite way at an incredible rate or speed.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

:allears:

e: neckbeard, I know it's not a 348, dammit.

Memory is such a fragile thing isn't it? [/krieger]

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

Been under the weather and waking up at odd hours. Didn't feel great but wanted to see what changes if any the spaced out rears caused to handling. It's hard to tell -- every time I get in the car, the shifting is easier than I remember, the ride quality is smoother and less squeaky, and the steering is more precise and communicative. So with that "this is such a great car to drive" prejudice that comes with every ride, I feel like the car oversteers less now. The car still tells you very obviously how far you are from the grip limit at the rears, but now that limit seems further away after initial turn-in. So a little less nervous.

Got this short USB key to plug into the head unit without propping the cover open:

Didn't get to hear Nightcall while I was out. The speakers in this car sound so much better than the Z06. That car's audio was the worst of any I've heard. I have no idea why.

And got some Sabelt driving shoes:

The chunky heels are kind of a drag, but they fit my wide feet while not being bulky side to side.

:colbert:
http://www.uucmotorwerks.com/catalog/driving-shoes---scuderia.htm

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

kimbo305 posted:

The previous major service was $13000. I'm expecting $10-15 for the next one. And a couple of failures that will require shop work instead of DIY between now and then.

"I could buy a brand new dodge dart or pay for expected maintenance on a 25 year old high strung money pit, #nbd #yolo"

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
From the reactions to my post I just want to clarify I was not being in any way negative or say not to, I was just putting it in real world perspective for myself if no one else :v:

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
For the record they do make bolt in LS conversion kits for the 914.

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Geirskogul posted:

Doesn't change the fact that 914s are ugly as poo poo. Not even "80's it'll be good one day" ugly. Like, Yugo ugly.

:colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

INCHI DICKARI
Aug 23, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Perhaps something red and Italian would better suit your needs :haw:

• Locked thread