Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
You just need to cultivate the opposite habit, so when you drive any other car you can make excuses like "oh, I'm used to the way the shifter is in my Ferrari, my bad :smug:"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Looks like Lingenfelter does that very thing.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kimbo305 posted:

There's no popular representations of the 348 in movies, I think :(.

Yeah, looks like nothing popular (at least, nothing I recognize).

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Well, reminder that that particular car has been chopped up and widened >8" with the roof lowered 2", and a bunch of stuff smoothed out. Someone managed to make that particular one look good, but they don't usually.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

kimbo305 posted:

I read someone (kastein?) say that depending on your solder, it could be too brittle in a vibrating environment.

My understanding is that a perfect, strain-relieved and weather-proofed solder connection is just as good as a perfect crimp, but it's a lot easier to get a (uninsulated ferrule + adhesive heatshrink) crimp nearly perfect than it is for a layperson to solder a nearly perfect joint.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

Das Volk posted:

My favorite trick for regular braided wire is to wrap the wires together lengthwise (similar to above but less intricate,) sliding a heatshrink jacket on beforehand. Then I wrap a ~3/4" thread of silver bearing solder around the exposed wires, wrap the combination in aluminum foil and hit it with a crack torch lighter. Instantly the the solder liquefies, leaving you with a very solid connection primed for heatshrink.

Sorry dude, but that is jank as gently caress.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.
Does it have electric fans? Does it have a separate fan that only comes on for the A/C, or is it a single fan with low/high? I wonder if you have a fan blade tapping a shroud or something.

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

jamal posted:

My favorite part:

Yeah, me too. For someone who cares about driving purity, he sure doesn't seem concerned with suspension functionality. Which is fine, it's his car, but it's a strange combination of viewpoints.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Raluek
Nov 3, 2006

WUT.

InitialDave posted:

Thank you.

It really winds me up how many people (especially 4x4 guys) don't understand that spacing/offset is far more about there it puts the intersection of the suspension geometry witht he contact patch than "hurrr, if I make it stick out another inch, it won't rub any more, so it's better".

But when you're running 8psi at 5mph in low, it's all contact patch. And solid axles have pretty limited suspension geometry.

• Locked thread