Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
i like Ham
Dec 25, 2006

I'm a big fancy business man. Mind if I check you'r prostate?
I had never realized how badly I wanted one of these until reading your thread. I've been spending the whole day looking up ownership info and reviewing the ones for sale on autotrader and eBay. My girlfriend's boss collects all kinds of cars including some exotics and a plethora of antique Porsches and his warehouse/shop/mechanic is right around the corner, so I keep telling myself that maybe that means I won't go hilariously broke owning one of these.

Best part was asking my girlfriend this morning if I could "buy a Ferrari from the 80s". Initial reaction was an emphatic "no", but as soon as she saw the pictures it turned into "yes, yes you can".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

i like Ham
Dec 25, 2006

I took some glances at 328s, and even two 308s, but I'm right there with you, the style of the 348 wins hands down. There is a pretty clean red on tan targa up on eBay that I was drooling over all day yesterday.

There is an absolutely gorgeous and clean, albeit high mileage, gray one that was just listed today and is only 150 miles from me. Thought I was silly to even look at it given the 55k miles, but then I saw that it was previously owned by the owner of an incredibly reputable exotic shop here in town, and just had an engine out service.

Need to swing by the girlfriend's bosses shop to get a tire mounted on a spare this Saturday anyway, so I'm curious to get his and his mechanic's take on these cars.

i like Ham
Dec 25, 2006

Good to know. Just saw it right before I left the office, so I didn't have a ton of time to look into it. All in all that sounds pretty sketchy, so thanks for the early heads up.

• Locked thread