Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Well what's attached to a leash that it made itself?
The punchline is the way that you've been fuckin' yourself

The z06 answer is similar to "the answer is always miata" except if you want something with some balls. It's hard to beat for the price you pay.

Having a nice car is cool but I don't enjoy it for the same reasons. I still think my car (G35 coupe) is nice but I'm not going to be paranoid about it. It will still get winter driven and fun, hard miles on it. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

Yu-Gi-Ho! posted:

Not sure how TX handles kit cars, but I know our yearly inspection requires wipers on anything with 4+ wheels.

Windshield, however, is not required, and I know of a Ranger that someone rolled, cut the roof/windshield off of, and still drove like that as of a few years ago (the seatbelts are now bolted to the back wall of the cab, as the B pillars were cut at the top of the doors). It has the wipers (he got failed for not having them), and a tiny sliver of plexi for the registration sticker to attach to.

edit: found the pics I snapped of it, and I ran into the owner on another forum several years ago.. still have the PMs about it. 1994, 4 cyl, 5 speed 4x4.

It's scary that poo poo like that is allowed on our roads. But I guess it's him that's going to lose the battle in any wreck he gets in.

I still think it's cool though at the same time. So conflicted.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

There's only few auto journalists I don't mind listening to. I can't stand him or Matt Farah.

Suburban Dad
Jan 10, 2007

InitialDave posted:

If you're not watching Harry's Garage, watch Harry's Garage.

Edit: Why don't you like MF? He comes across to me as very genuine, and actually knows his poo poo, neither of which I can accuse Doug of.

I just don't find him that interesting to listen to. The last video I watched was him driving a V8 starion I think. It was all "Bro. This car is next level poo poo. Bro this a car!" which I couldn't take. Bonus points for use of the words "chode" and "sick." He may have just been excited or whatever but it just sounds like any other Bro doing a review.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RpmymrOoir4

Suburban Dad fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Sep 11, 2017

• Locked thread