Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kimbo305 posted:

Look at the license plate, and my post :). The poster said he lowered it in After, so he probably had to undo some of the camber. I have about the same camber in the rear as the Before pic.

e: there's only one cooling duct, and it's under the right lamp. I've actually never looked up what it cools. Would be a pain to plumb since everything else is in the back.

Brake cooling duct? I know my E60 had sole pretty giant cooling ducts for a "family sedan".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kimbo305 posted:

Just talking out loud and orienting himself to the age, I think. I haven't decided if it's rude to ask someone if their car is a replica or kit.
The few times I talk to someone with a 356, I'll ask, so I guess I'm guilty of it myself. And I certainly do it for every Cobra I see.

I mean, personally, I wouldn't be terribly upset over some one asking if its a kit, because either A: It was a kit that was done really really well or B:A Ferrari isn't exactly an every day car, so people just naturally assume its a Fiero.

I just assume all Shelby Cobras on the street are kits, because the only real one I have ever seen was in a Concurs de' Elegance show parked along with several other rare/one of cars.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Depends on the region. I lived in a city that was hellbent on screwing and gluing anything tacky to their cars. I actually counted at least 4 kit cars in various states of being finished in the year I lived there.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kimbo305 posted:

That's the big question -- am I losing more money by doing the big service and selling it as ready to drive? Or should I try to discount it and not bother?
I dunno where 348 prices are headed. There's plenty of top-condition ones out there, while mine is a driver at best. 355 prices are shooting up, and I dunno if that sends more buyers downmarket?

I think your logic is correct. Its like the current Porsche 911 craze, its sending buyers down market to the 914 (and to an extent - 944), because lately 914 prices have started shooting up higher than what is necessary. Though I think Boxster prices still have yet to bottom out, but will reverse in the next 5 years after the 944's start going for silly money.

At least the 924 will always be cheap because no one wants them

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
"Vintage"

We aren't talking about enthusiasts, we are talking about idiots. Because no radiator.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Geirskogul posted:

But again, it's a 914 . I watched the Wheeler Dealer episode on the 914 and nobody is that crazy, right? It has a VW bus engine.

The trend in pricing proves otherwise. I know, none of us would touch one, but that doesn't mean people aren't snatching them up.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
How many specialized tools does it take to do a cam belt change on your car?

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

All of them, probably.

I am sure VAG makes tools for cars they don't even make - its that specialized.

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

kimbo305 posted:

I've not seen these round plugs before:

cursedshitbox posted:

E: one is a weatherpak (ugh) and the other two are bullet connectors (double ugh). old britshit uses them. they're always making GBS threads up.

I just came here to post this exact same thing. gently caress those plugs. And obviously we see where the Italians learn how to make cars catch fire :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

meatpimp posted:

That's easily fixable, too:

Just make sure its not pissing coolant every where!

• Locked thread