Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

boxen posted:

Just like my Fiero!

Wait a minute... :tinfoil:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

InitialDave posted:

Eleven litres? Christ.

The joys of a dry sump system.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

kimbo305 posted:

I think what makes the 348 special is how different it feels to operate. The enjoyment is from operating the vehicle, not just driving the car. The shifter has a long throw but has a distinct feel and sound.

There's definitely something to be said for being in sync with a particular manual gearbox. Not trying to speedshift it, but letting it take its time for the synchros and everything to mesh correctly and letting the revs drop to the right RPM by themselves.

When you get in sync with a manual gearbox, the whole car just feels right and rowing through the gears becomes a pleasure and your driving becomes extremely smooth.

I've never driven a Ferrari in my life, but it's been this way for every single manual car I've ever driven. Get in sync with the gearbox, and you're in sync with the car.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

So what you're saying is that if you blow up the motor, it's actually cheaper to swap in an LT4 crate engine and make 650hp with a drivetrain warranty and easy access to inexpensive spare parts?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Jymmybob posted:

I don't think so as long as it's responding to questions. I always pester the poo poo out of sellers and when they're active and responsive it's reassuring.

+1

If you're just responding to queries in a succinct, yet polite way, I would say that's actually a plus.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Nidhg00670000 posted:

Jfc, that loving scwarzhorse guy. "I feel you dont have THE PASSION for these cars". gently caress that guy with a rake, I'm almost tempted to register just gently caress with him, but a goonrush of BaT might not work out in your favour...

I've had a bunch of people with same attitude every time I've tried to sell anything (much lower value items, though), they try to denigrate your item and your dedication to it, because they want to drive down the price. Never quite to this level, though.

One guy did try to run this routine on me when I was selling the Panda. Saying that it was way overpriced, pointing out completely normal wear items as "low-quality" and "obvious DIY fixes", and that I should give him a call when I was actually serious about selling it. At a much lower price, obviously. Joke's on him, because gently caress that noise. I sold it at my asking price a month later.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

The driver in that R35 video just pisses me off to no end.

I'm couldn't imagine being that lackadaisical, even on the street in light traffic, get your goddamn hands on the goddamn wheel! :argh:

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Cage posted:

I dont like those dumb headlight cutouts on the E46, plus I like the look of E36s more. Don't know much about the insides though.

The standard E46 isn't too bad, just some small curves in the bumper. Overall, it's a pretty handsome looking car.

The E46 Compact is the true uggo.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

BloodBag posted:

Is that a word filter you just found? I don't get it.

Scat Pack?

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

Manure Mob

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle