Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Nice Ferrari bro.

no really Im supper jelly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

drgitlin posted:

This will be an extremely controversial statement in here, but honestly working on a car is one of the least pleasant experiences I can think of, other than going caving or sea kayaking off the coast of England on a lovely day. Skinned knuckles suck and I break out in a sweat the moment I have to start wrestling with stuck bolts and socket sets and those stupid c-clips and the rest of it. gently caress that noise.

Fixing something feels good when your done tho.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

All I could think of was the scene from The Rock where Cage destroys the one he stole. "Dude you just hosed up your Ferrari!"

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kimbo305 posted:

It's odd, but it's real. You can also get really fancy sockets for the chrome heads:
http://www.ricambiamerica.com/product_info.php?cPath=600_100037&products_id=261093

See, everyone always goes "Man it would be so sweet to wrench on supercars for a living" And I just think about dealing with chipping chrome off a lug stud on some dudes 30 year old Ferrari and say nope, ill take hanging brakes on rust belt buicks.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
lol at working on your Ferrari wearing socks and flip flops.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Yes

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
You have a beautiful car man. Awesome to see some proper Ferrari ownership.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Dec 8, 2015

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Yea your gonna wanna get a multimeter and start testing for resistance. Im willing to bet its the switch. Or see if you can put 12 volts on the wire and have it light up. I hate finicky poo poo made out of unobtainium God speed.

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jan 2, 2016

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

kimbo305 posted:

With the bulb out, between blue and black, and yellow and black?
I could see measuring voltage against those two pairs, but resistance?
Do you have a wiring diagram for it? I wouldnt be able to tell you which wires do what. Guessing black is ground.
Id find the wire comming out of the switch that turn your lights on. And test between that and the bulb to see if you got a short somewhere. Or jumping it by giving it 12 volts. If you dont have resistance or it turns on with 12 volts then its in the switch itself.

Edit:

poo poo, maybe im not understand the problem. Your saying that the whole fog light doesnt work when you have the lights on but blinks when you have a turn signal? Is one of two bulbs amber or something?

Preoptopus fucked around with this message at 17:10 on Jan 2, 2016

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
OOOOOOOOOh somehow I missed that first picture.

Im interested where that signal gets split from one to two. And are those crimp connectors?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
If your on the Meth just let us know now.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Astonishing Wang posted:

Well then what the gently caress did you buy a Ferrari for?

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Is your ferrari footwell full of empty mikes hard lemonade cans? If not it should be.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски

Ola posted:

If you had plenty of room, say a double garage with a little shop space, a quick google says could get a lift for $2k. So if you squint at the numbers (and had room, skills, inclination etc), you could probably service it yourself, bank the savings as "retained car value" while driving happily for years and mentally writing the car value down to zero.

And pulling the motor on that is one of the easiest motor pulls anyone has ever designed.

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
Jesus Kimbo so much to catch up on. Just did a shot at a bar for u. Godnspeed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Preoptopus
Aug 25, 2008

Три полоски,
три по три полоски
I mean if hes having his own shop do the work then its honestly not that expensive. 3-4k all said and done? I doubt the guy is sweating it too much.

• Locked thread