Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Whatever happened to the car's original top, Kimbo? Is replacing them with something aftermarket a common thing, or did the original get screwed up somehow and the PO went with a less expensive replacement?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

kimbo305 posted:

Want to go on a night drive?

This drive is representative of a new night driving route that my coworker bequeathed to me when he moved. As you can see, it's pretty quiet after midnight around here, so usually I have the roads to myself, though there is sometimes a car or two holding me up, and sometimes cops lying in wait along certain stretches. Last night, though, conditions were very good.

The image quality is pretty bad, as you'd imagine for a 2nd tier action camera, but I wanted to drive, not get the best footage. I'm sure I'll get more later.
The angle is great for showing the interior and controls but not for showing much of the road, which really begs for a day drive. Next time, I'll raise the headrest up and point the camera down to see more of the road.

The light clattering you hear frequently is a loose bolt in the camera mount, but otherwise the audio is representatitve of real life, both in terms of road noise/drone and the motor sound. I was worried the audio would be complete crap.

If you want to watch just one part, go for 24:50 - 27:45. That gets you a couple of runs to redline.
The only other thing of interest might be the gated shifting and clacks. For decent examples of that, see start through 1:40 (warming up, I try to shift under 2500 -- I open up past 4k at the 9min mark) or 10:40 - 11:37.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_MSJJ9gh8M
I sprinkled a bit of commentary here and there, but it's really not worth anything more than skipping around.

And a Hyperlapse, set to you know what:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CC7zS_S85Rk

Come on, man. No Jan Hammer? 4/10.

• Locked thread