Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seems kinda strange that the tach would display 2500 RPM it would never use, but the coolant temp cuts off about 600 degrees too low.

I love how oil pressure made the cut for the main cluster, but fuel gets kicked to the console.

Also, you should see if the plate "nofiero" is available.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

So with all this insane road tax, your roads must be absolutely glass smooth, and plowed daily in the winter right?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

That BaT 1990 348 sold for 42k: http://bringatrailer.com/2015/12/15/bat-auction-success-story-missed-nsx-becomes-first-ferrari/
Put ~10k into the engine out service, and you're looking at a very good condition 348. All the controls work; sticky parts have been fixed, and it has 15k miles.
He could flip it easily for 10k profit in a year, assuming prices go up from 355s going into the stratosphere.

There's a 22k mile twin to that car on copart in oregon with a clean title. Worth watching to see how much the questionable nature of an auction subtracts.

http://www.copart.com/us/Lot/40160085?searchId=1441640879

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

Part of it is whether (Ferrari specifically, perhaps) they want to. Any manufacturer today can make an ECU prohibitively costly to reverse engineer to talk to, right? I know that's different from prescribed mechanical maintenance, but it fits with the theme of sending customers to fairly exclusive approved shops to get their work done.

Reminds me, the documents folder comes with a maintenance history booklet where an approved Ferrari shop can sign each service milestone. Mine stops getting stamped at 15k. I need to ask the local shop if they can sign it. I'm hoping so, since their Ferrari tech has 20 years experience, more at a Ferrari dealer than this Aston shop.

The ECU thing falls back on "right to repair"

starting with the 2018 model year in Massachusetts, a car has to be able to plug into a laptop with a non-proprietary cable, and the manufacturer has to make the same software available to indie shops as they do their dealer.

Any manufacter that opts out basically can't sell cars in Massachusetts, and a lot of other states are coming up with their own right to repair stuff.

GM tried fighting this using the DMCA, saying you're only licensing your ECU software, and therefore have no right to access it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

It's a white Ferrari, i think that's right.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're losing to the isetta!

I've gotta say, auctions are my favorite form of gambling.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Seminal Flu posted:

Looks like it's on now.

You jinxed it.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Got a little 3 way action going.

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Some quick googlefucking suggests the car is probably going to a pretty rad guy in the netherlands.

It might get turned into a race car!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

kimbo305 posted:

That guy is talking to me on email and he seems very legit. I picture that euro guy pulled over on Supertroopers.

Yeah, seems about right.

Looking at other stuff this guy owns/has for sale, i'm certain it's him. His username is very publicly tied to his company, so i can't imagine it would be seen as inappropriate to link this. http://www.tachyon-motorsport.nl/p/12/67/projects

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

might be a a little late, but this goes up on the auction block in 12 hours.

https://www.mecum.com/lots/LA0217-287713/1989-lotus-esprit-s3/

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

The guy builds turbos and racecars, i hope it's something serious :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

You're pretty lucky it went to a chill dutch guy with a racing shop and not some lawyer's kid living just up the road. You're probably legally protected by BaTs sales agreement, but life could have become very difficult.

• Locked thread