Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

I don't post much, on account of work blocking my POSTs, but dang if I don't love this car. Living vicariously through you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

meatpimp posted:

Even pedestrian cars. It took them 3 tries to get a close-enough mix of BMW Alpine White. That said, at least they did keep trying.

I would imagine that the age of the car comes into play a great deal. Do they have a "paint color + car age" system?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

That cracked belt makes my blood run cold: http://blog.motorcarstudio.com/?p=262

The cracked alternator belt?

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

CharlesM posted:

So...what would a Maserati Biturbo be charged?

I'm not sure, but probably a felony.

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Seminal Flu posted:

How could he do all that poo poo to an LQ9 and only end up with 365whp? :psyduck:

Mustang dynos are notoriously stingy. Baseline number I've seen on an LQ9 are from 250-270 rwhp.

wallaka fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Feb 14, 2017

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

fknlo posted:

Wasn't there at least one Porsche owner who fried the ECU by waxing the car? It created a static buildup that the electronics didn't like or something weird.

Yeah, there was a one-year only front control module that wasn't grounded properly. It's located in the frunk and is very close to the hood. The later ones have more shielding and an extra ground strap. Mine happened to fry both door control modules on the way out. I replaced them all and coded them with my Durametric software. I had to replace the alternator, but that was probably a coincidence since it was 8 years old. It ever was quite right after that, though. The only other issues I had was a clutch replacement after owning it for two months, and out-of-stock shifter cables that I fixed with zip ties. I couldn't stomach the $600 aftermarket ones.

• Locked thread