Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Massachusetts requires front and rear plates, so just to be legal beagle, I got a tow-thread mounted plate mount:

Ah a fellow Masshole. If I ever see you on the road I'll know it's you. You've probably got the only white 348 in MA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Das Volk posted:

I bought a lifetime extended warranty on the Viper (which will inevitably bankrupt them) to sandbag against the eventual mechanical destruction of the car.

Sorry, not to derail here, but I wasn't even aware such a thing existed. How much did that cost? I'd imagine even for a commuter appliance it would be exorbitant, but for a Viper?

Also, who did you buy it from?

Disgruntled Bovine fucked around with this message at 21:58 on Sep 30, 2015

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Want to go on a night drive?

This was great. I grew up in Winchester so a lot of that route was very familiar to me.

That said, I'm glad I don't live so close to the city anymore. Not a lot of great places to drive around there. I'm up near the NH seacoast and the coast road late at night is good fun this time of year.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

I stopped at a small local car show a couple years ago and among a bunch of classic American muscle there was a Lamborghini Countach. I was surprised to see it there, but it was the first time I'd ever seen one in person so I went over to have a look.

When I looked into the engine bay I saw an Iron Duke. It was a pretty good replica, but that made me sad.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

$45k in service over the past 20k miles. I knew Ferrari's were expensive but jesus.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Going under a bridge or tunnel at hard throttle makes me cackle for the next several seconds. I really wish the sound picked up the way it does irl on video.

I have a pretty decent video camera with an external microphone. If you ever want to hook up I can see if that will capture it better than whatever you've tried with up until now. I'd love to see that thing in person.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

kimbo305 posted:

Sure, let's plan a drive in the later spring once things warm up even more. I think with the targa top off, wind noise isn't that bad in the middle of the cabin.

I don't have PMs so drop me a line when you like.
vakharn at the gmail

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

If you want a good coast road drive around here it's hard to beat the route going from Hampton Beach up past Odiorne Point.

It's way too busy this time of year during the day, but after like 9:30pm it's pretty empty. Alternatively go there in May or November.

Route 153 between a couple small towns along the Maine/NH border is the best segment of road I've found in New England. 45 Mph limit with a couple dozen heavily banked 20-30mph 'recommended speed' curves.

A bit of a hike from Boston unfortunately and also pretty busy this time of year. Honestly if you want a fun drive on public roads from June to October you have to go very far north to get away from the (other) tourists, or do it at night.

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

BigPaddy posted:

Beaten to it by New Hampshire :v I am looking forward to going through a Dunkin drive through in something JDM and the staff being met with the dog.

No, you can still pay NH tolls with cash.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Disgruntled Bovine
Jul 5, 2010

And this is what you do when you can afford 20.

• Locked thread