Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Keldoclock
Jan 5, 2014

by zen death robot

NitroSpazzz posted:

Holy poo poo :perfect:

Agreed, except the pants are too long, the jacket is unfitted, the t-shirt should be pink and the shoes should be very well polished brown double strap monkshoes. I give it 9.4/10, A-
Put a blonde model on your arm for extra credit.

kimbo305 posted:

I've noticed the same thing about AI membership. Is the entire demographic of SA staying stagnant and aging?

My browser crashed while I was typing this up, but I'm 19 and am bucking the trend. I joined up to get some rare wisdom from the programming and networking guys but I found AI, CA, DIY and TFR to be just as useful for my hobbies. I do all my work myself, anything from woodworking to writing device drivers, from fixing running shoes to fixing Jeeps. It's the only way I can afford to have a broad interest in hobbies and stay involved, is if I just take care of everything that needs to be done with my own hands. I'm sure 30 years from now I'll be doing my own aircraft mechanical work too, there's just no escaping it when you want to do something and you weren't born in a position where you can do everything The Right Way, or when nobody but you can do it The Right Way :homebrew:

I think SA is hampered a great deal by the lack of good search tools, "smart" algorithms for linking the different threads into a more universal discussion, terrible UI (lack of personalized sorting especially). The underlying infrastructure for it all needs to be redone too, phbb was never expected to handle so many users. I think probably even here in SA the quality of posts is still worse than, say pre-1992 Usenet, but the likes of the public Reddit are so bad that we've forgotten what true excellence can be like. FWIW some of the private, whitelisted subreddits are OK. I'd say it'd be better to have this discussion in another thread but it'd just end up being titled "the forums are dying" and be completely useless circlejerking.

Keldoclock fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Oct 11, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread