Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

Mat_Drinks posted:

there aren't a ton of mechanics for them in the PNW.

I dunno, Portland has the oldest Ferrari dealer in the US, there's bound to be at least a few techs in the PNW who know their way around one.

Also if you want lots of close up details about these, check out the Harry's Garage ep with the Testarossa: http://youtu.be/1XlPUQjmJyk

He also does similar in depth episodes with a Countach and several other iconic super are.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

I've noticed the same thing about AI membership. Is the entire demographic of SA staying stagnant and aging?

iwentdoodie posted:

It's sad how most of us started as late teens early 20s assholes, now we're all bitter late 20s++++.

And that this forum has had very little turnover in 3+ years.

I dunno what you're talking about, I started here in my late 20's and now I'm about to turn 40 and IOC is the only regular poster I still remember from the early 2000's.

drat young whippersnappers. :bahgawd:

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

leica posted:

I dunno, my son is 7 yrs old and he loving LOVES cars, and it's not like I'm encouraging it either. Whenever he sees a 911 or any kind of Ferrari he freaks out. He begged me to take him to cars and coffee after finding out about it all on his own.

I guess my point is you can still love cars even if you can't afford them.

Anecdotal, and tainted by your own tastes and likes being a large influence on him.

Young people these days don't need cars as much because they can chill with their friends on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram/Snapchat (as opposed to older generations who could only hang out and chat if they physically could get places), and most of them aren't working/earning enough to afford a beater, so aside from kids whose parents don't start exposing them to cars and racing at a young age, they just don't care.

Militant Lesbian
Oct 3, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

From what I've read, the handling improvements in the 348 are really noticeable over the 328.

Apparently the 348 chassis was used as the test mule for the Enzo prototypes.

And you better take back that comment about the 308/328 looking dated, those and the Dino are the best aging vintage Ferraris. It's the 512 and 348 that are perpetually stuck in a decade (the 80's). :bahgawd:

• Locked thread