Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

mmm this nitromethane gets my supercharger runnin'

14 INCH DICK posted:

Requesting thread tag change to HOT

100% agreed.

Even though I'd personally experience a lot of trepidation about owning an old Ferrari I think that's a gorgeous example of a great looking car. And really I think my concerns would mostly be due to the difficulties in getting good work done on it as there aren't a ton of mechanics for them in the PNW. I'm interested to hear more about your maintenance plans as it sounds like you're approaching ownership from a very practical standpoint.

Can I make a request? Will you post some detail shots of the car? We all see cars at museums, car meets and whatnot, but ownership is a lot different and you'll get to see things we'll never get to see unless we're assholes and get in someone else's car. Maybe close up shots of the underside of the dash, of the strakes and frunk, of parts of the engine bay? Show us the craftsman work you're impressed by or satisfied with and show us what you're surprised doesn't look better.

Oh, and congratulations!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

HotCanadianChick posted:

I dunno, Portland has the oldest Ferrari dealer in the US, there's bound to be at least a few techs in the PNW who know their way around one.

Also if you want lots of close up details about these, check out the Harry's Garage ep with the Testarossa: http://youtu.be/1XlPUQjmJyk

He also does similar in depth episodes with a Countach and several other iconic super are.

That youtube channel... There goes my weekend! :fap:

Re: maintenance I'm thinking now and while I only know of two or three places in the greater Seattle-Tacoma area that has to be due to my plebeian non-Ferrari owning status because I've seen more than enough of the cars to support plenty more.

Are the frunk seals getting replaced? I see a little mildew fuzz :(

Mat_Drinks
Nov 18, 2002

kimbo305 posted:

I need to look into it. The hole in the first picture is the intake for the cabin air -- I wonder that's a source of water getting into the frunk?
The other seal thas is really bad (and super squeaky) is along the front of the targa top. This car definitely isn't modern stiff, so any left-right shakes will rub the top of the windscreen and the targa rubber.

You could also try gummi pflege from einszett which a lot of old school german guys swear by. Supposedly it keeps seals fresh, but can often recondition old ones such that they're usable again. I just bought a bottle to try on my 2002 as the window and door seals are borderline.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TXP2F4CDrA

• Locked thread