Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
Yeah they aren't super low profile really wide tires. Maybe just stop by? I mean if they can't take off a wheel and put on a tire without scratching it up what the gently caress are they even doing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Is there an airbag and would it help if the wheel was closer? Maybe a hub spacer would help.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

They make it a lot easier to get in a car with a cage and a race seat, but it sure would suck to leave the top off, come out from a store, and not have a steering wheel.

Anyway, spacers are cheap and come in about any size you want. Looks like you just pull off the center trim piece and it unbolts. I think every 6 bolt wheel/spacer/adapter is the same pattern. e- oops, yeah there are two patterns.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:34 on Oct 1, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Should probably just call it the horsecock

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

A spacer is not really that big of a deal.

Size and offset is likely stamped somewhere on the inside of the wheel, like on a spoke or the hub.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Think I've linked these already

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/vintage-series/505m

These are also p nice

http://www.hrewheels.com/wheels/classic-series/305m

They aren't cheap though.

jamal fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Oct 13, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Does your car have wheel bolts or studs?

If it's bolts, the ones that bolt on would be easier to use (you don't have to line up the wheel and spacer with the hub and get a bolt started). If it's studs, I would go with longer ones and a spacer that slides on.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I don't think you need to worry about it. Unless you've been using it as a hammer I expect it will be pretty close. And more importantly all the lugs are going to get tightened the same amount.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I like my friend's 360. He has some cool stuff on it

Haven't driven/ridden in it though. Last time I was down there the exhaust was broken and he was waiting on the bumpers.

And the big open space on the front bumper looks a little goofy from some angles.

jamal fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Dec 30, 2015

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Cached Money posted:

Don't crimp, solder instead:

Strip and twist wires so that it looks like D, then add solder and heatshrink (put it on before you twist the wires together, obviously).

I have always used a similar connection and know how to solder, but every time I see this it is for solid core wire. Have always wondered if it should be a little different for stranded.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

Or maybe the guy who was deciding the tax rates at the time drove one.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

My favorite part:

quote:

Ginpei-san had no interest in newer Ferraris – to him they’ve just lost too much of their driving purity to an overabundance electronic driver aids.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

You could put those wheels on a red 348 without having -12 degrees of camber and the car rubbing on the ground and it would look really nice and maintain the "driving purity." But I guess you won't get your car on speedhunters that way.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

The main thing changing is the scrub radius. So the center of the steering axis inclination goes through a different point in relation to the contact patch. Usually it will be somewhere near the center. Moving the contact patch out will give more positive scrub and mostly result in firmer steering and more feedback from bumps in the road because you are giving the tire more leverage over the suspension and steering parts. That extra leverage means the outside front will toe out a little more due to deflection in bushings and such.

So that could definitely result in a bit more "mushiness," especially if the steering rack mounts and stuff aren't in perfect shape.

jamal fucked around with this message at 20:58 on Sep 26, 2016

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

If you're going to get a GTR you might as well make it a Nissan.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

There's always that montana llc registration thing. Lot of people have sports cars and rvs registered here. Technically I think that is considered tax evasion though.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

A lot of western states have 80mph limits on the interstate now. I don't think you would get pulled over for going 90 in the middle of Montana but I keep it a bit below that most of the time anyway.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

That seems really unlikely. So, yeah, gonna be a few bent valves there.

Ouch.

• Locked thread