Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

MortLansky posted:

Still, I'm insanely jealous of your 348 ownership. Didn't you have a Noble M600 a ways back? What happened to that thing?

Kimbo had been looking at my M400 for awhile but it was too much of a pain to ship the thing across the country where there was no repair shops.

It was a silly, stupid car and I kind of miss it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

I curbed two of the Lambo's rims (goddamn rear of the car is so wide) and got them both repaired at a local shop for $100. I shudder to think how much actually replacing the rims would be.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

BrokenKnucklez posted:

I mean, personally, I wouldn't be terribly upset over some one asking if its a kit, because either A: It was a kit that was done really really well or B:A Ferrari isn't exactly an every day car, so people just naturally assume its a Fiero.

I just assume all Shelby Cobras on the street are kits, because the only real one I have ever seen was in a Concurs de' Elegance show parked along with several other rare/one of cars.

Are exotic kit cars even a thing anymore? They seemed to be all the rage in the 90s and now I can't remember the last time I saw one.

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Was that the obnoxious internet celebrity guy that had the Carrera GT with no mufflers?

Comrade Flynn
Jun 1, 2003

Muffinpox posted:

Ferrari limits production to something like ~7500 car per year, and there is probably way more demand than what they produce. They make most of their money off of licensing/merch/events/partnerships, lagging car sales would be less of a death blow to the company than losing the exclusivity of their brand name.

Edit: Apparently things have changed, Ferrari makes a bulk of their profit from cars and programs like corse clienti now.

2012 sales figures put US as largest market with 2000 units and China as second largest with 700, UK the third with 650. There was also a 2 year wait list as of then.

They are ramping up production soon. I don't think it will go well.

• Locked thread