Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
EXCUSE ME SIR WHAT DO YOU DO FOR A LIVING

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

drgitlin posted:

This will be an extremely controversial statement in here, but honestly working on a car is one of the least pleasant experiences I can think of, other than going caving or sea kayaking off the coast of England on a lovely day. Skinned knuckles suck and I break out in a sweat the moment I have to start wrestling with stuck bolts and socket sets and those stupid c-clips and the rest of it. gently caress that noise.

It's not bad when you know what you are doing and have all the proper parts and tools needed and can easily reach what you need to work on and nothing breaks while you're in there and you have a backup vehicle and someone to help you and a nice temperature controlled place to work with plenty of lighting and ventilation.

Edit: also watching a mounting point break while the car was up on a jack makes me not really care about crawling around under a 4,000lb vehicle to save a few hundred dollars in labor, jackstands or no

heated game moment fucked around with this message at 14:52 on Oct 3, 2015

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

reliability wise, it's still early days. I know I have huge maintenance costs ahead. I think that is somewhat liberating

Quoting for posterity

Nice ride though.

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

14 INCH DICK posted:

"I could buy a brand new dodge dart or pay for expected maintenance on a 25 year old high strung money pit, #nbd #yolo"

At least he isn't the guy in the VW thread who's had like $10k of work done on a car less than 5 years old. I also wonder what the long term maintenance would be on a Dodge that will be worthless in several years.

If he paid $50k for the car, keeps it 3 years, does $15k in work to it and sells it for $50k that's not a bad deal at all

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
that sounds great

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
355's are pretty ugly IMO, not to mention being unreliable pieces of poo poo which cost as much to operate as a fleet of 10 year old Range Rovers. The proportions are just bizarre.

The 360/430s look much better and are likely far better vehicles.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

heated game moment
Oct 30, 2003

Lipstick Apathy

Disgruntled Bovine posted:

$45k in service over the past 20k miles. I knew Ferrari's were expensive but jesus.

:catstare:

• Locked thread