Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

drgitlin posted:

This will be an extremely controversial statement in here, but honestly working on a car is one of the least pleasant experiences I can think of, other than going caving or sea kayaking off the coast of England on a lovely day. Skinned knuckles suck and I break out in a sweat the moment I have to start wrestling with stuck bolts and socket sets and those stupid c-clips and the rest of it. gently caress that noise.

It's all about set and setting for me - give me a well-lit, climate-controlled location to complete a task on a non-DD vehicle and I'm more than happy to dig in. Swapping EJ25's on a car I need to drive to work every day, or even a trivial job gone wrong that leaks into 3AM on a Monday morning, is enough to dissuade me from doing my own work these days. Unless a job is almost entirely labor (like a belt replacement, or an oil change on a straightforward layout) I'm willing to pay the extra cost just to have someone else do it. I'm sure once I have a private garage and a project car it will become rewarding again, but for now I'd rather drop my car off at a mechanic than give up a Saturday afternoon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM
Looks like the spacer gives just the right amount of clearance, and I would never get tired of pulling my FERRARI tools out. Echoing others, I love the updates - keep them coming :f5:

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM
Saw this today and thought of this thread:
http://youtu.be/IGqeyQhBPMI

Cellular Suicide
Dec 9, 2005

Classical 33's at 45RPM

kimbo305 posted:

Signed up for Mass General's patient portal, since they're not in my normal network. One of the creepy background questions was about the 348:

I guess they can plug into the RMV database?

After helping integrate Experian data with a health insurance verification system, one of the biggest user complaints we had was "this is creepy" - we actually had a feedback widget (yeah, one of those annoying floaty things, added by kicking and screaming) with an option "Why do you have this information?"

Basically any verification system that ties into the three big creditors databases will have a frightening amount of information about you. I think 99% of people don't get asked what color their Ferrari is though, so you're totally winning that system.

If I would have come across test data with a 348 I totally would have thought it was some bored QA tester's sick joke, so that's worth buying an Italian steed any day.

• Locked thread