Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug
So a couple of things.

1. If I want to activate this myself, I have to change "fun" in the .ini to "Fun?"

2. I followed the trail to the post edited Nov. 30, but I'm not finding the URL. Can I get a hint?

Note for those having trouble - it's easier than you think it is. In the image for the .ini file, one of the images is clickable.

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Dec 7, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

slowbeef posted:

So a couple of things.

1. If I want to activate this myself, I have to change "fun" in the .ini to "Fun?"

2. I followed the trail to the post edited Nov. 30, but I'm not finding the URL. Can I get a hint?

Yeah, capitalizing the F in "fun" turns this stuff on. Also, the hint that Prof gave should be enough to find the correct place to look. The image he's referring to is named "steam". Now where in that post does Steam appear...

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I don't have time today to do a whole scavenger hunt thing; after a sufficient amount of time has passed I'd appreciate if someone Let's Played it :)

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

loquacius posted:

I don't have time today to do a whole scavenger hunt thing; after a sufficient amount of time has passed I'd appreciate if someone Let's Played it :)

Me neither.

So far, I've got this:

1. The binary to is hidden with URLs in Prof's post. People pieced together the images, and used bin_to_text to get ASCII out of it. This led to this URL: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=28431
2. The third image is clickable and will lead to a trail of YouTube videos.
3. The end of the trail is

This is where I'm stuck. I know the filename is steam.png and I know there's an animated GIF of the game dropping you back to Steam, but from that frame, I don't know where to go next.

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug
Also how the hell did people figure out capitalizing the f in Fun? Is there a line I missed from the game?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

slowbeef posted:

Me neither.

So far, I've got this:

1. The binary to is hidden with URLs in Prof's post. People pieced together the images, and used bin_to_text to get ASCII out of it. This led to this URL: http://lpix.org/sslptest/index.php?id=28431
2. The third image is clickable and will lead to a trail of YouTube videos.
3. The end of the trail is

This is where I'm stuck. I know the filename is steam.png and I know there's an animated GIF of the game dropping you back to Steam, but from that frame, I don't know where to go next.

You're almost there slowbeef. Take a closer look.

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

slowbeef posted:

Also how the hell did people figure out capitalizing the f in Fun? Is there a line I missed from the game?

That was initially some guy messing with the ini posting about it on twitter and toby going "yeah i'll patch some more Fun into the game someday"

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.
The image in question?

And yeah I was stuck at the second image on that first page being a link >_<

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug
The frame in question? I'm just staring at it like an idiot...

You can also rename the file to "steam.gif" and "play.gif" and it still works?

Only registered members can see post attachments!

slowbeef fucked around with this message at 19:30 on Dec 7, 2015

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

slowbeef posted:

Wrong frame.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

slowbeef posted:

No, that's not the frame in question. Very close, though.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

This one, then?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Pillbug

GlyphGryph posted:

Wrong frame.

Is this a thing where one frame of the gif has the url? I don't have the tools at my workstation to decompose it, I don't think.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

slowbeef posted:

Is this a thing where one frame of the gif has the url? I don't have the tools at my workstation to decompose it, I don't think.

I posted the other one. Now tell me what it says because I can't read it. :v:

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

GlyphGryph posted:

This one, then?

http://goo.gl/zZpz8o

And there's #17.

Dartonus
Apr 1, 2011

It only gets worse from here on in...

GlyphGryph posted:

I posted the other one. Now tell me what it says because I can't read it. :v:

The link or the thing it links to?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Dartonus posted:

The link or the thing it links to?

The url, I can't figure out what the letters were. But it's been provided now.

So now all that's left is for someone to decipher #17 for us.

Proff, is it alright if we post other encounters not included in your trail?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Beware the man who speaks in hands.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
It's the Wingdings font, with capslock turned on. I went ahead:

quote:

ENTRY NUMBER
SEVENTEEN

DARK
DARKER
YET DARKER

THE DARKNESS
KEEPS GROWING

THE SHADOWS
CUTTING DEEPER

PHOTON
READINGS
NEGATIVE

THIS NEXT
EXPERIMENT

SEEMS

VERY

VERY

INTERESTING

WHAT DO YOU
TWO THINK

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 19:43 on Dec 7, 2015

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
At this point, post whatever you want.

For actually encountering Fun things, I think you need to capitalize Fun, set the Fun value to X, then set line... 37? of file0 to X. The titles of the videos in the trail show the Fun/Room values for each encounter, some of them have a random chance to appear or not appear.

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

ProfessorProf posted:

For actually encountering Fun things, I think you need to capitalize Fun, set the Fun value to X, then set line... 37? of file0 to X. The titles of the videos in the trail show the Fun/Room values for each encounter, some of them have a random chance to appear or not appear.

The only one I can think of offhand that you missed is the Grey Monster Kid encounter where you have an umbrella, which if I remember correctly has it's own dialogue. So I'll see if I can grab that when I get home.

I don't actually think the Fun capitalization matters nine times out of ten.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

GlyphGryph posted:

The only one I can think of offhand that you missed is the Grey Monster Kid encounter where you have an umbrella, which if I remember correctly has it's own dialogue. So I'll see if I can grab that when I get home.

I don't actually think the Fun capitalization matters nine times out of ten.

fun gets used for a couple of random weird things throughout the game, but all of the stuff that Prof showed off requires Fun.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Stuff like that was apparently found through datamining.

Here's all that's known about this almost completely hidden character. It's not much, really. http://undertale.wikia.com/wiki/W._D._Gaster

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Gabriel Pope posted:

fun gets used for a couple of random weird things throughout the game, but all of the stuff that Prof showed off requires Fun.

Here's the thing though I've gotten at least some of these without fixing the capitalization issues.

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
ANYWAY, this marks the actual end of the Undertale LP. Thanks for reading. I'm finally free to start planning my next LP.

Remaining things for me to do:
  • Editing last-minute entries into the final post
  • Reposting the second half of the Sans battle so that I can split it in half to be kinder to browsers
  • LP Archive submission

Quinn2win fucked around with this message at 19:56 on Dec 7, 2015

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

ProfessorProf posted:

There is one thing that capitalizes Fun for you.
As a tiny reward for doing the right thing and realizing your errors before it's too late.

Exiting and resetting after killing sans and before ending the Geno run capitalises the F and sets it to 66.
The number needed for the Waterfall door.

Qrr
Aug 14, 2015

I decoded the ascii (cool and thematic puzzle) but getting the one relevant frame of that gif was too much for me so thanks for posting that.

Gaster's theme is here but it's pretty short (that video is looped a lot). Here's a really cool fan made one based on it.

Buzzsaw Roomba
Feb 14, 2012

Christ, what an asshole.

ProfessorProf posted:

ANYWAY, this marks the actual end of the Undertale LP. Thanks for reading. I'm finally free to start planning my next LP.

Remaining things for me to do:
  • Editing last-minute entries into the final post
  • Reposting the second half of the Sans battle so that I can split it in half to be kinder to browsers
  • LP Archive submission

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------

Rigged Death Trap posted:

There is one thing that capitalizes Fun for you.
As a tiny reward for doing the right thing and realizing your errors before it's too late.

Exiting and resetting after killing sans and before ending the Geno run capitalises the F and sets it to 66.
The number needed for the Waterfall door.

There also has to be something else that triggers the Fun stuff, because I ran into some of these characters in the True Pacifist post-game walkaround. I only did a Neutral run first (killing only Toriel). I however can't check what my INI looks like, because it's gone now.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, after all that secret-hunting, I almost forgot to thank Prof for the great LP. We went through great emotional up and downs, people trying to stop you from showing off an important bunch of content which makes the pacifist run feel even better, so I'm glad you went through with it, it was worth it.

And literally millions of goons trying to post spoilers despite the no-spoiler policy. I mean, just ask yourself, what would Alphys think of spoilers?

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

She'd be completely unable to resist posting them because she has too much passion and too little self control.

But yeah, thanks Prof, an amazing LP of an amazing game, even having beaten it I loved reading along and the whole post editing thing for the Flowey fight was especially great.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Really thank you for the wonderful narrative LP, Frisk.

Though it did get kind of dark half-way through... I hope everything's okay with you.

However, I will forever curse you for making the worst choice.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Thanks for doing this LP! It's been a whole lot of fun to follow.

Though I'm trying to figure out, did somebody's newest post right before mine get eaten? It was showing in the subforum as the newest post but not in the thread.

EDIT: Nope, problem went away after I replied. Zanzibar Ham's post wasn't loading, though it was in his post history and his posts in other threads were visible. The forums :psyduck:

Pittsburgh Lambic fucked around with this message at 20:34 on Dec 7, 2015

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,

Zanzibar Ham posted:

However, I will forever curse you for making the worst choice.

People like you are what's wrong with America

Fleve
Nov 5, 2011

I binged through this from beginning to end over the last 2 days. It was wonderful, thank you very much.

:shittydog:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I don't know if I ever actually tried anything with Bscotch.

Also I'm actually what's wrong with Israel.

Pittsburgh Lambic posted:

Thanks for doing this LP! It's been a whole lot of fun to follow.

Though I'm trying to figure out, did somebody's newest post right before mine get eaten? It was showing in the subforum as the newest post but not in the thread.

EDIT: Nope, problem went away after I replied. Zanzibar Ham's post wasn't loading, though it was in his post history and his posts in other threads were visible. The forums :psyduck:

Yeah, it's a problem with the forums. Happens to random posts every once in a while, once someone posts again it reappears.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
e: oops DP

woke kaczynski
Jan 23, 2015

How do you do, fellow antifa?

Fun Shoe
I beat the game, then read through the rest of this... Wow. Thanks for the excellent LP.

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
Thanks for playing this prof. I probably wouldn't have had the patience myself for it all, but I'm glad I got to enjoy the characters through you. The great LP fills me with DETERMINATION.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Qrr posted:

I decoded the ascii (cool and thematic puzzle) but getting the one relevant frame of that gif was too much for me so thanks for posting that.

Gaster's theme is here but it's pretty short (that video is looped a lot). Here's a really cool fan made one based on it.

That theme reminds me of something...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0YfIHieP30g

Oh and I was looking through TCRF, and apparently this very weird sound file appears on top if you try to export the entire sound track out of the game.

Carbon dioxide fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Dec 7, 2015

• Locked thread