Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
froward
Jun 2, 2014

by Azathoth

Ribsauce posted:

I always wondered how the economics of car dealerships work. Every time I go to one it seems like there are 10 salesmen just standing around. Not because they are lazy, just because they always outnumber the customers.

The entire concept of dealerships is insane in 2015. I feel like dealerships should be a big rear end maintenance garage for warranty work and maybe 2 models of each car, one base, one fully loaded. You go, check them out, then build the exact car you want online and it comes on a train or truck 2 weeks later. And the price should just be the drat price. In 2015 I don't have to haggle over the price of a pair of jeans at Wal Mart, why is a brand new car not just a fixed price? It is ridiculous.

all the new cars are there to tell you that this dealership is For Real and to help them pretend that they make their money selling new cars. In reality DEALERSHIPS make most money with repairs (warranty & otherwise) by running good certified garages that do recalls & maintenance. Also selling used cars makes them guaranteed money: check kelly blue book value for anything and there's three prices: dealer trade-in (what credit you'd get selling your used car to a dealer; lowest of the three prices) dealer price (what a dealer would sell this car for; highest of the prices) and personal sale (what you'd buy/sell this car if you listed it in classifieds, which is right smack in the middle).

car salesmen seem to make money only if they hustle & lie a lot. finance managers make a lot more as their job is to finagle the bank to provide a loan, massage the buyers credit history so they'll get a loan they often can't afford. financers don't have to get the leads so they don't have to hit the pavement; they just work hard making loan deals which in TYOOL 2015 comes down to knowing the right order to do things in and sometimes personal relationships.

:words:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread