Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
canyoneer
Sep 13, 2005

I only have canyoneyes for you

Ribsauce posted:

Oh yea, the laws protect dealerships more than just about any other business in existence. I forgot about that part.

"just about any other" must exclude realtors, because WHOO! There's a protected industry of rent seekers.

The wealthiest people I know own their business. Many of them inherited either the business or all the capital they needed to start it. Most of them are very skilled in what they do.
I also know plenty of people who are hitting it hard in real estate but haven't really hit it big.

And the whole "millennials are lazy and tech obsessed!" is a stereotype that exists mostly in the minds of Readers' Digest and Time writers. The better assertion is that 18-25 year olds since the beginning of time have looked pretty inept compared to their more experienced and established coworkers.
That's true of every generation. There are hand wringers who wrote articles 100 years ago about how cheap and widely available newspapers were ruining "the art of conversation" for commuters, as people were buried in their broadsheets instead of chatting with strangers. People said that cheap postage was killing off properly composed letters, because it's as easy and cheap to send a page or two instead.

If your idea of standing out in the market is to be better than a self-obsessed millennial, you are grossly underestimating the competition. I went to undergrad with some very bright, talented and hardworking people. I also graduated with some idiot rich kids who were dumb as bags of hammers (marketing and management majors, mostly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread