Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nahxela
Oct 11, 2008

Execution
Bart continues to be great.

Lotta crazy stuff shown off in this chapter!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
HOLY poo poo IT'S LUCCI :supaburn:

HOLY poo poo THAT USOPP STATUE :laffo:

HOLY poo poo THAT WAR FORESHADOWING

HOLY poo poo BARTO'S SHIP :staredog:

HOLY poo poo NEW BOUNTIES :zoro:

Allarion posted:

I love One Piece!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Holy poo poo, didn't notice it was Spandam the first time around. I did notice, however, that Lucci's pigeon has it's own mask.

Allarion posted:

I love One Piece!

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Yeeeeeeesssssssss

New bounties are everything I wanted, I love the art on that one page breaking down the various factions, stark black and white is so badass, MORE LUCCI?!?!? I'm so loving hyped for the next arc! Pity we started the new thread early, I'm sure someone clever coulda worked up something with Game of Thrones as the thread title.

Allarion posted:

I love One Piece!

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

SatansBestBuddy posted:

Pity we started the new thread early, I'm sure someone clever coulda worked up something with Game of Thrones as the thread title.

I want this to happen, but only because it would greatly irritate someone.

Scratchman Apoo
Mar 27, 2011
Something nobodies going to notice was brought up by someone who speaks Japanese and read the raws.

The guy talking with Lucci about the weapons trade is Kaku. He has the same unique speech pattern where he uses old timey slang.

White Light
Dec 19, 2012

Wait how the hell does that work out?

You get your rear end beat by a pirate pre time skip and get a promotion from CP9 to CP0? :shepface:

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Scratchman Apoo posted:

Something nobodies going to notice was brought up by someone who speaks Japanese and read the raws.

The guy talking with Lucci about the weapons trade is Kaku. He has the same unique speech pattern where he uses old timey slang.

Aw, sweet, thanks for the info![

Kaku is cool.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
good loving lord that chapter was way better than 800

Tolth
Mar 16, 2008

PÄDOPHILIE MACHT FREI

Parrotine posted:

You get your rear end beat by a pirate pre time skip and get a promotion from CP9 to CP0? :shepface:

I suspect you get a free pass when said pirate later charges into a fight with your entire leadership structure and makes it out unscathed.

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

CP9/0 and Admirals vs Straw Hat Grandfleet and the Revolutionaries for the arc after Kaido is my bet. Doffy isn't done yet either, as he's about to be rescued by Kaido. So I'm guessing Law takes down Doffy to get some personal revenge, while Luffy and Zorro take down Kaido. Also Bart is tagging along for everything!

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
betting that lucci is a subordinate and ends up being like, the dude usopp fights or something lol

r00tn00b
Apr 6, 2005
I have never been happier to see new bounties!!!!! Usopp's is higher than Sanji's

IceBorg
Oct 23, 2012

I KINDA DOUBT THAT!
Man if the whole Sanji wanted poster not showing his face in the past is now being used again but this time for very important plot reasons(maybe he's related to someone in the World Goverment or Marines that recongized him) I will be so happy.

Amazing chapter

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

IceBorg posted:

Man if the whole Sanji wanted poster not showing his face in the past is now being used again but this time for very important plot reasons(maybe he's related to someone in the World Goverment or Marines that recongized him) I will be so happy.

Amazing chapter

It pretty much has to be. He's the only bounty posted to be Alive only. Something funny is up, Mr. Prince might have been a hint

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

I guess this explains why CP9's shadows were visible in that scene between Punk Hazard and Dressrosa

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...
Ugh, the worst thing about this chapter is that we probably won't see the beatdown between Sengoku, Fujitora and Otsuru and whoever's attacking them. :( To be honest I would be incredibly excited to see a full fight between Otsuru and anyone, she has such a kooky power that's still pretty strong. Also a badass old lady!

Mechanigma
Apr 17, 2007

ur already ded
That was fun! After so much decompression, it's amazing how much Oda can cram into one little chapter.

Looks like we got our first sort-of look at Ryokugyu on that big cast splash, but no hint of the seventh warlord? X Drake is suspiciously separated from the rest of the supernovas. Could be nothing, could be Oda does it again

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So the Straw Hats now have no less than three Shichibukai in their pockets. Wonder if they'll be recruiting any more? Mihawk seems like a big no - he's friendly, but only because he and Zoro like testing each other as antagonists, and actively fighting alongside them seems like missing the point. Kuma would be a good fit personality-wise, and would be easy to bring back (Vegapunk has a backup copy of his personality lying around - there, done), but he's so hilariously overpowered that he'd be extraordinarily difficult to write around. Maybe we might see his mind in the body of a regular Pacifista? Crocodile's just too much of a Bond villain, even if they've had an alliance of convenience in the past. Buggy's a no-go - his whole thing is being Luffy's likeable sad-sack evil counterpart, and he's far more likely to end up as the Whitebeard to Luffy's Gol D. Roger. Moria actually seems like a surprisingly reasonable option, though - his power is high-tier but not invincible (and is significantly hampered if he's working as a good guy), making him at least possible to write for, and he could easily pull a Bellamy.

red plastic cup
Apr 25, 2012

Reach WITH IN To your LOCAL cup and you may find A Friend And Boy...

Darth Walrus posted:

Moria actually seems like a surprisingly reasonable option, though - his power is high-tier but not invincible (and is significantly hampered if he's working as a good guy), making him at least possible to write for, and he could easily pull a Bellamy.

Moria was a cool villain, so I'd be glad to see him return. Come to think of it, wasn't Kaido the one who killed Moria's crew way back when? I wonder if Moria will show up to help take him down.

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
I had no idea how much I missed this pace of storytelling.

Edit: I wanna see the world's reactions to those new bounties now.

Pureauthor fucked around with this message at 11:37 on Sep 24, 2015

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lmao at Usopp's bounty.

ZepiaEltnamOberon
Oct 25, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Mechanigma posted:

That was fun! After so much decompression, it's amazing how much Oda can cram into one little chapter.

Looks like we got our first sort-of look at Ryokugyu on that big cast splash, but no hint of the seventh warlord? X Drake is suspiciously separated from the rest of the supernovas. Could be nothing, could be Oda does it again

Might be cause he's workin' for Kaidou? Then again, Capone might be workin' for Big Mom but he's with the rest of the Supernovas.

I'm going to assume it's of no signifiance for now, and then when Oda does something to refer to it I'm going to post something along the lines of "ODA DOES IT AGAIN" and "ODA THE GOD" and "ODA NEVER FORGETS" and post as many :vince:s as possible.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Fabricated posted:

lmao at Usopp's bounty.

i was kind of hoping it would go above zoro's.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The most important part: Usopp's face is on there now. There's no way his village can deny it's him, which is kinda what I was expecting once the story was over and he went home, that the wanted poster having Sogeking on it would lead to nobody believing he made anything of himself out there. But that's out the window for sure now!

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

Parrotine posted:

Aside from that one gently caress up, they were still pretty competent and were able to beat off the Marines who were after them pre timeskip. Akainu is pragmatic above all else so he probably cut them a deal to bring them back into the fold

NutritiousSnack posted:

It pretty much has to be. He's the only bounty posted to be Alive only. Something funny is up, Mr. Prince might have been a hint

I think it's going to be a case of mistaken identity and we're going to get a reverse Duval

Can Of Worms posted:

Ugh, the worst thing about this chapter is that we probably won't see the beatdown between Sengoku, Fujitora and Otsuru and whoever's attacking them. :( To be honest I would be incredibly excited to see a full fight between Otsuru and anyone, she has such a kooky power that's still pretty strong. Also a badass old lady!

I really hope we see more of the fight. I can't imagine anyone being able to take down all three and escape unscathed.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

i was kind of hoping it would go above zoro's.
That would've been great as well.

I'm sure Sanji will have something to say about being 4th fiddle now.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer

Kegslayer posted:

I really hope we see more of the fight. I can't imagine anyone being able to take down all three and escape unscathed.

they're in the ocean and fujitora has one of the more broken devil fruits for fighting at sea

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

God drat there was so much awesome poo poo packed into that chapter I don't even know what I'm most excited about.

It's Sanji. We have a backstory but not an origin story, besides being from North (right?) Blue so oh man there's so much potential there.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

That was an amazing chapter, holy poo poo.

Budget Prefuse
Sep 26, 2011

im genuinely shocked something is happening with sanji plot wise

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012

Budget Prefuse posted:

im genuinely shocked something is happening with sanji plot wise

I'm not. I mean, he was specifically sent off during the Dressrossa arc to lead half the Straw Hats on a separate adventure. I mean, if not the details, folks should've at least seen the generalities coming.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
who was that above blackbeard in the emperor pic? big mom?

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Further to the "Sanji is a prince who is deliberately concealing his identity" chat, check out this eyecatch from ~10 years ago in the anime:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HTuiGO0PZFA

:supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn: :supaburn:

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

yeah im pretty sure the plot point is gonna be that hes a noble or a prince or somesuch but idk if i'll like that because we literally had tht with doflamingo and sabo

Pewdiepie
Oct 31, 2010

Barto club for the extreme win.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
This chapter was really good and Usopp's bounty had me dying

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

tbp posted:

yeah im pretty sure the plot point is gonna be that hes a noble or a prince or somesuch but idk if i'll like that because we literally had tht with doflamingo and sabo
I feel like a Strawhat being a renounced Celestial/Noble would provide a nice emotional hook for the inevitable showdown between the World Government and the crew - it would give Luffy a reason to give a poo poo, if nothing else

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

Cat Machine posted:

I feel like a Strawhat being a renounced Celestial/Noble would provide a nice emotional hook for the inevitable showdown between the World Government and the crew - it would give Luffy a reason to give a poo poo, if nothing else

true

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?
Oda the Troll suckering me with the first few pages, I thought we were gonna have another Dressrosa wrap up chapter...and then boom!

I noticed that the Yonko images for Kaido/Big Mom more closely resemble the ones we saw during Garp's introduction of them, especially Kaido's mouth.

Is there a third person in the Revolutionaries drawing on the far left who we haven't seen before?

Sanji backstory arc incoming, oh god, I always thought if anyone had a missing backstory it would be Nami (due to how she and her sister met Bellamere and the nature of her weather predicting powers).

gently caress running around after Pica, this is One Piece right here, I'm so excited for next week!