Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Angel of Piratey Death, Yarrr!
Luffy gets saved by his fruit a lot obviously. Not just against Enel but probably the same thing against Lucci because beating a rubber man most of the way to death was probably kind of hard for anyone. Of course, it'd be useless offensively if he wasn't already monstrously strong. During the sequences where he trained with Ace all Ace did was taunt him because he wasn't strong enough to make his attacks work yet. So he could obviously do things like punch the poo poo out of Bellamy just as well if he wasn't a rubber man. And Blackbeard is only so dangerous with the Gura gura no mi because he's incredibly strong as well. That's the one I'd like to see on a weakling to see how little it would do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Weevil seems to think it is, at least.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I definitely think Oda gave such a good showing to Crocodile at Marineford so people wouldn't think he was weak anymore but they still do a lot of the time. There's probably no concrete reason to think Crocodile has busoshoku haki but it's hard to believe a shichibukai wouldn't if every vice admiral has it. Meanwhile he made Moria look like poo poo.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Blackbeard is insanely strong. I'm sure he was a lot physically stronger than Ace. I don't think just anyone has the strength to almost sink an island just because they have the gura gura no mi. You need Whitebeard levels of strength to use the fruit like he does. Also, tanking that bisento slash like that was probably one of the biggest feats in taking punishment we've seen. It didn't even do that much to him.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

The guy was horrible for selling his assets and his family until we know she has a power. It's very likely, though.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

It's not like there haven't been good hard counters in One Piece but that's easily the best one

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I know I saw the 4kids version back in the day, then when I was in Korea I got that infamous version that called Luffy Monk D. Roof and Sanji Sunkist. I usually just switch over to reading the manga when I'm seriously into something.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Usopp was strangely good at taking a beating even before he got stronger, though that could just be a One Piece trait in general. If strength isn't genetic in One Piece, then potential is, at least. That does make me wonder if Ace could hear the poneglyphs like Roger could. Seems likely if Whitebeard was grooming him to be the next pirate king.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Karasu. Marco too. I feel like there's a lot. There's bound to be bird zoans out there we haven't seen yet.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Sadly, I think Blackbeard killed the cook

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I drew a couple of fakehat pictures and it really makes me feel old seeing that that was almost 10 years ago now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Queen is amazing. Holy poo poo, how cool is King going to be?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

So we have Jack's height at 27'3 now so he's only like a foot and a half shorter than Big Mom who's supposed to be the biggest human. I know Jack isn't human but isn't King bigger than him? Wonder if King is human. I'm probably thinking on these heights more than Oda is, though.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I refuse to believe Kizaru has ever once been serious in One Piece. He just acts scared to mock people. Marco called him out on it.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Also seems to confirm that King isn't a human, though, and him and Queen are both huge. Like, significantly bigger than Whitebeard. Oda's really good at cliffhangers and this is definitely one of his crazier ones.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Nekomamushi and the one who hasn't technically been revealed yet, I think?

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

That one is particularly bad because it's kind of the Japanese version that's making do with a translation. I was watching a youtube video about DBZ games once and the guy kept saying things like Kuririn and it was killing me.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

It kind of feels like Zorojuro is more brutal than Zoro. Then again, this is kind of his arc probably. He needs some badass moments after not being in the last one.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

The marines seem to think it's better to put people in level 6 of impel down instead of killing them most of the time. Didn't work out too well for them. Maybe they'll change that policy now.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

He's also 17 feet tall if anyone else is a nerd for statistics. I never noticed he was that big in the flashbacks. But I mean, if this was a lesser of two evils thing I'm sure Rocks must have been pretty horrible himself.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Roger literally butting heads with Crocus over booze is great. Guess it makes sense since he's the doctor but he's a pretty cool doctor.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I really wish that was what happened, though

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

God, he only got fined a couple thousand dollars for that.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

Ashura Doji was also only 15 when he fought Oden and put up a really good fight. He was bound to get a lot stronger.

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I feel like Kinemon slicing that explosion into oblivion was really awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my parents boyfriend
Jan 28, 2007

I like how Jinbe is not the straight man I was expecting. He's actually really fun.