Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
lmao at Usopp's bounty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Jose posted:

i was kind of hoping it would go above zoro's.
That would've been great as well.

I'm sure Sanji will have something to say about being 4th fiddle now.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Sanji isn't allowed to be cool anymore

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Isn't Akainu also a doting grandfather to really young grandkids or something? I could've sworn he was. I know the light guy's grandson is Vegapunk's bodyguard but I swear I saw a cover picture where Akainu was chilling with his grandkids once.

Maybe I'm misremembering. My point is that Oda will do what he usually does and humanize him a bit when it comes time for him to be beaten.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
God Ussop was great too.

Shame about almost the rest of the entire over long arc

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Expected but unexpected? I think we're being played again.

Also if her third eye grants her any sort of vision/sensing benefit she could KNOW that Sanji was on the other side of the door so she could put on her big act.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'd say carrot for final crew member since we could use more female crew members but Oda draws basically the same body for any even slightly attractive women, just with a different head. So two is almost more than enough.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Mashima's girls look less grotesque than One Piece's anymore

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Carrot would be my choice for final crew member after Jinbei.

And if neither of them- mysteriously sorta-redeemed Caesar becoming the last nakama would own IMO.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Big Mom I guess is being set up to be another tragic badguy?

She comes off to me like a more rear end in a top hat-ish version of Whitebeard.

Whitebeard and Big Mom both wanted a family more than anything. Whitebeard considered anyone he took on his ship as his kids, Big Mom has a more traditional idea of "marrying" into the family and is a big fan of shotgun weddings.

The picture I guess could be Dorian Grey type poo poo, or it literally could just be a picture of a dead child or husband or something that makes her so distraught her "spirit" (haki!) breaks momentarily.

poo poo, even Doffy got a weird bit of humanizing (he seemed to be suffering from PTSD or something in a lot of flashbacks where he trembles or gets snotted thinking about specific things), so it wouldn't shock me if Big Mom was being set up to get punched nice by Luffy.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Brook getting some loving work done this arc.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
They never got into it too deeply but Doffy definitely seemed really hosed up by his childhood outside of it making him a sociopath. There's a few moments shown where he's drinking or trying to nap and he's trembling or having nightmares about something.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I'm way late to the party on this but I was a bit :psyduck: when someone showed me that the Z Movie's credit crawl is to an Avril Lavigne cover of a Nickelback song.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I've never liked haki as a powerup mechanic but you need it to prevent most logia from being literally invincible.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Oh, :rip: dude I don't really know much about because I can't remember most of recent OP whenever I get back to it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
I hadn't read One Piece in a while and saw people wigging out over this chapter so I caught up and it's literally just a lore dump of "oh yeah this dude totally existed and this happened but no one ever talked about it until now" and nothing else

what the hell is going on in this series