Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I don't think Sanji is going to be some secret prince or something that. Sanji did the Mr. Prince stuff because he likes doing that secret, behind closed doors poo poo during arcs. Plus if he was doing Mr. Prince to hide his identity, why would he join a pirate ship and not stay on the Baratie? Also if he was hiding his identity why would he flip out over his initial wanted poster not looking like him?

Personally, I think Big Mom may be involved. Maybe Sanji cooked for her and she liked it so much she reached out to the WG for a special request to capture Sanji alive.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Nami is naked

Two theories on that:

When we saw the Sanji group earlier Nami was in a different outfit than her usual attire. Could be she had those clothes in a bag or something that got raided by the minks.

Dumber theory: That is Nami and she became a weremink and can't remember the others while transformed. The intruders mentioned are some other group (maybe Kaidos men)

bondster
May 6, 2007

Either this was intentional or an artistic error but Ceaser didn't look to have his seastone cuffs on in that flashback

Edit: :doh: Well now I feel dumb

bondster fucked around with this message at 06:02 on Nov 20, 2015

bondster
May 6, 2007

Ever wonder how much Oda is making off One Piece?

According to this Kotaku article, around 26 million dollars per year.

I know One Piece probably won't be done for a while, but I can totally see Oda relaxing easy for the rest of his life once he is done.

bondster
May 6, 2007

New Chapter

So the thread was generally right about Sanji having some sort of heritage. Don't think we could of predicted a wedding though.

Is Luffy going to crash a wedding? :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

E: I like how Oda pulled off the cats and dogs fighting each other cartoon trope without drawing attention to that fact. :haw:

Really? He did name the chapter Dog vs. Cat after all :v:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Rereading the chapter, looks like Luffys prediction of the samurai arrival meaning there will be a consecutive banquet is gonna come true :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Lost in the ninja chat is the other interesting piece of information regarding Momonsuke:

Since he has been revealed to be the heir of the clan, it would explain why Doffy had an interest in capturing him. Also considering he is royalty with a retainer that left his home country to do something and hide his identity, Momo is effectively Vivi of the New World :v:

bondster
May 6, 2007

This chapter also addressed something that bugged me about One Piece's story: Why couldn't any of Gold Rogers former crewmates like Shanks and Buggy just go straight back to Raftel since it seems they have been there before. If they have noone who could read the Poneglyphs they have no means to get back there!

bondster
May 6, 2007

WHISKY
or
BEER!!

Knowing Zoro, it's both

bondster
May 6, 2007

Clearly this is gonna lead to Luffy defending Zou from Jack, and in the process befriending it.....

Proceed to using Zou to perform the Greatest Wedding Crash Ever

bondster
May 6, 2007

Your Dunkle Sans posted:

So, apparently something big will drop next issue along with a color cover. Fingers crossed!

Extremely wishful thinking, but I hope that its announced that the anime is taking a break after Dressrosa so they can start doing actual seasons that are more focused and higher quality.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Ok that was a cool chapter,

except for the line that says no chapter next week :(

bondster
May 6, 2007

This is actually a clever way to both have Jimbei join the crew AND handicap him so he isn't too powerful for the crew

bondster
May 6, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

where the new chapter at

http://mangastream.com/r/one_piece/834/3567/1

Little Capone Jr. :stare:

edit: Beat, drat!

bondster
May 6, 2007

So this is the New World version of Water Luffy? Cause :swoon:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Called it that Brook would be defeated off screen

Brook may have been defeated, but that doesn't mean he didn't win in the end. The chapter made specific mention that they searched his clothes for anything missing, so they don't seem to think that he may have possibly hid something in his skull

edit: ^^^^^^ drat I was too slow

bondster
May 6, 2007

I cannot wait for Sanji to lovingly feed Luffy that loving meat next week.

bondster
May 6, 2007

I was pretty tolerant of the anime post Thriller Bark, even through the crappy Marineford arc. The end of the Punk Hazard arc killed it for me with the anime having Luffy have a beam struggle with Ceaser when he effortlessly one shots him in the manga.

Also the anime completely loving up Hody Jones backstory didn't help.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Man, I get the same dumb grin every time Luffy does that dumb grin when making proclamations. :D It's really how you know you got one of the best main characters in manga when something as simple as that can be so goddamn hype.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Great chapter and I'm in love with the thread title :allears:

bondster
May 6, 2007

Still haven't seen Pudding in a while, wonder how she is gonna factor into all this in the end?

edit: Meant Pudding

bondster fucked around with this message at 15:04 on Jul 12, 2017

bondster
May 6, 2007

Cat Machine posted:

Chapter:
http://readms.net/r/one_piece/877/4531/1

Hopefully Pedro stays dead, as mean as that sounds.

Pell :911:

Seriously, never forget Pell in these types of moments

bondster
May 6, 2007

Larryb posted:

Wait, I thought Mr. 2 was paired with the painter girl (I forget her name) initially?

I think the deal with Mr. 2 is because he is a drag queen that he is both the male and the female part of the partnership system that Baroque Works operates on.

bondster
May 6, 2007

http://readms.net/r/one_piece/878/4559/1

Early chapter!

bondster
May 6, 2007

EmmyOk posted:

As good a time as any to link the best scene in the anime. Tanaka is a treasure

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yv05nWUrW2k

It bears repeating that adding Brave New World to that scene and the ones after was a loving :master: by the anime director.

Shame he don't work on the anime no more.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Didn't notice it at first but the cover page looks to be doing a Ghostbusters thing which is rad.

bondster
May 6, 2007

SatansBestBuddy posted:

It does look like it's mostly the player's fault, but even if he went in guns blazing with melee attacks it still doesn't look all that interesting.

Who wants stealth mechanics in a Luffy centric One Piece game?

I dunno I chuckled at one of Luffy's "stealth" kills being Elephant Gun :v:

bondster
May 6, 2007

No Wave posted:

Remember when Zoro's friend Kuina fell down stairs and died

I still laugh at the 4Kids edit with Kuina's death that is way more violent than the original: She gets beat up by adults who she clowned on so bad that she can no longer fight again.

bondster
May 6, 2007

Weird thought while re-reading this chapter:

So Orochi gave the "bad" SMILE fruit to leftover village. The people of the village actually regarded the discarded fruit as delicious and passed them out to all they could. But Devil Fruits are supposed to taste nasty. So is it the ability that gives the fruit its awful taste?

Now granted, these are ARTIFICIAL fruits so it could well be that they gave the fruit some flavor to make it more appealing. It is also said that hunger makes the best spice, so it could of just been the people were just happy to get food and it tasted better than the poo poo they usually eat.

I kinda hope that its the case that the ability gives the fruit the bad taste, cause then I'd imagine a situation where a Waiter bites into a fruit and is immediately disappointed because it tastes good thus a failure :v:

EDIT: Another note As awesome as Zoro and Sanji teaming up again is, don't forget this is being live-streamed, so Luffy is gonna see this and probably inspire him to start raising some hell as well

bondster fucked around with this message at 13:11 on May 24, 2019

bondster
May 6, 2007

Chapter title: Queen vs. O-Lin

*two pages later*

Everyone: “Queen was defeated!!!”

loving love One Piece

bondster
May 6, 2007

One Piece is so loving good

bondster
May 6, 2007

I love this chapter and I love Oda

I really don't know if ANYONE could of written that punchline better, its so perfect

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bondster
May 6, 2007

One Piece Manga Thread: Allow me to introduce myself my name is helms

Also a side note that’s an AWESOME Jump cover