Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Since this is by far the worst OP thread I've read so far, I gotta ask: What's the general thread consensus on D standing for Devil or some in-universe equivalent? Seems p. likely, IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Folt The Bolt posted:

I'd say it's possible. Especially now that it's been revealed that the Ds are apparently mortal enemies of the World Nobles (aka the Celestial Dragons).
Not just the nobles but anyone playing god, basically.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

NecroMonster posted:

Oda's a great loving writer really, that's most of what makes one piece so drat good the guy can just write really loving well when it comes down to it
It's the best children's fairytale about superpowered pirates and how they relate to global politics I've read in a while, tbqh.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

AnonSpore posted:

It's loving magic you nerds
That's "narrative causality" (and also will power (and actual in-universe magic too, why not.))

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
at chapter 795 now; anyone who's saying sanji has stopped running behind the scenes isn't looking at the big picture

Jose posted:

enies lobby's power levels was really bad
but also a joke (like all power levels)

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Asuron posted:

What makes you think Marco knows everything there is to know about every Devil Fruit?

:gas: :gas:

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

deep space nein posted:

I enjoyed Garp in Marineford because for so many chapters it was fruit users cracking the sky, freezing the oceans, oh here is the mythical unstoppable Phoenix he's going to save... BAM punched in the face
op power hierarchy:

cool grandparent
literally god
has willpower
has fruit powers
good at using a weapon
martial artist
has a weapon
unarmed normal person

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Tolth posted:

This is the universal power heirarchy everywhere?
one piece is real, qed

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Probably Sabo's role, honestly.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crazyeyes posted:

I agree but I'm saying it'd be better if like... Akainu is about to kill Sabo but Garp is like "not this time, rear end in a top hat" and clobbers him.
Maybe Dragon will do that.

One hell of a family, imo.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
He's alright in PW2/3.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
someone mod him into pw3, please

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jobbing, probably. TV Tropes is an unfortunate situation.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Sunk Cost Bellamy is a cool chump. Teach is also good.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The soundtrack is good, but pacing and animation suffer from the worst documented case of shonenitis.

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Parrotine posted:

Cracked did an article that used a lot of examples from One Piece

http://www.cracked.com/blog/5-reasons-fans-get-so-defensive-over-anime/

I laughed at the quick jab at Bleach
Cracked is generally bad and this is the worst article I've seen on that site. Not pro-click, not pro-click at all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

quakster
Jul 21, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
DFs are basically Stands, which in turn are like the mutant powers from X-Men. They're there to make the fights more varied. The only real mystery is whether the fruits are tied to any of the other story elements. (Void Century, five old dudes, etc.)